The Official Movie Thread

just watched The Machinist. Bale is a great actor and was very dedicated to this role, he looked like a goddamn skeleton .

i love mindfuck movies like this and Black Swan and Shutter Island. what are some good mindfuck movies?

Film is my first love, although constant cinematic immersion can be daunting, metal is the balance.

Favorite Films:

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
The Exterminating Angel
M
The Mother and the Whore
Naked
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Possession
Scum
Sunset Boulevard
Vertigo

Directors:

Robert Altman
Robert Bresson
Luis Bunuel
Alan Clarke
David Cronenberg
Krzysztof Kieslowski
Nagisa Oshima
Maurice Pialat
Roman Polanski
Nicholas Ray

Film is my first love, although constant cinematic immersion can be daunting, metal is the balance.

Favorite Films:

Aguirre: The Wrath of God
The Exterminating Angel
M
The Mother and the Whore
Naked
The Passion of Joan of Arc
Possession
Scum
Sunset Boulevard
Vertigo

Directors:

Robert Altman
Robert Bresson
Luis Bunuel
Alan Clarke
David Cronenberg
Krzysztof Kieslowski
Nagisa Oshima
Maurice Pialat
Roman Polanski
Nicholas Ray

Nice list. The Exterminating Angel is a great film, and Kieslowski is probably the most naturally gifted filmmaker I've come across.

just watched The Machinist. Bale is a great actor and was very dedicated to this role, he looked like a goddamn skeleton .

i love mindfuck movies like this and Black Swan and Shutter Island. what are some good mindfuck movies?

Oddly enough I hated this movie. I love Bale but I just despised him in this movie for some reason.

Anyway I just saw The Conspirators. The only thing I really like about was Tom Wilkinson as he's been in a few of my favorite movies. Other than that, it seemed to be made on a budget of about 500 dollars

just watched...
nothing_to_lose.jpg

Nice list. The Exterminating Angel is a great film, and Kieslowski is probably the most naturally gifted filmmaker I've come across.

I like The Exterminating Angel too. That damn piano. LOL.

I just watched Greenberg with Ben Stiller from last year. Not really bad at all. I felt like this was the only film where Stiller wasn't just being himself all the way.
77/100

watched The Social Network tonight. wasn't bad. I enjoyed it. That must've been a hell of a screenplay...good lord...all that dialogue

followed it up with Jurassic Park. Still good

why the :erk: ? It wasn't bad, but it wasn't also the jizz fest the academy and everyone else made it out to be. I thought the script and framing of the story were really well done. Jesse Eisenberg did a good job being douchebag Mark Zuckerberg...Justin Timberlake was incredibly annoying (but I suppose he had to be)

it wasn't anything remarkable, but it certainly wasn't horrible. And I did really like trent reznor's soundtrack (but I like all of his stuff so whatever)

Saw 'I Am' the other day. It was pretty good, makes you think about shit.

That's all I have to say about it