The Official Trek Thread

Captain Worf? Hmm. I didn't read the link but what ship will he be commanding? Surely not the Defiant, they gotta give him a big-ass starship. Maybe a Sovereign or Galaxy-class or something.

Yes, but we will have more Star Trek.

Hopefully for the best.

yeah
more Star Trek would be good

since Disney bought LucasFilm, there's prolly going to be new Star Wars movies/CGI Shows getting made forever, so a new Star Trek show sounds like a good idea, but will it be in the same universe as TNG and DS9?? or will it somehow take place in JJ Abrams' new re-booted Star Trek universe??

will it be in the same universe as TNG and DS9?? or will it somehow take place in JJ Abrams' new re-booted Star Trek universe??

I would like to say it will be in the TNG and DS9 universe, but with the growing trend of CGI replacing actual story line, it will probably be in the JJ Abrams realm.

It'll likely be after 2379, so after the events of Nemesis.

I've actually warmed up to Nemesis. The acting can get sorta dry at times though.

I actually came close to tearing up when I saw Nemesis last cause of Data.

Is it bad that the only movies that have made me come that close to tearing up are Trek movies? :/

To this date, I have never owned any of the Star Trek movies. So I ordered the original motion picture box set parts I-VI the other night :)

To this date, I have never owned any of the Star Trek movies. So I ordered the original motion picture box set parts I-VI the other night :)

Slammin. I've got all of them except for 2, 6, and 8. And the last one, Star Trek 2009, that Abrams Abortion(™), but it was a shitty movie anyways aside from the beginning sequence with the Kelvin.

Also, I'm doing belated Christmas gifts for IRL friends, in the form of Star Trek drawings. Already got the Enterprise-A done:
148595_10152376750865034_2016715770_n.jpg

Which iteration of the Enterprise should I do next? Don't say the NX-01, I will have you hanged.

Slammin. I've got all of them except for 2, 6, and 8. And the last one, Star Trek 2009, that Abrams Abortion(™), but it was a shitty movie anyways aside from the beginning sequence with the Kelvin.

Also, I'm doing belated Christmas gifts for IRL friends, in the form of Star Trek drawings. Already got the Enterprise-A done:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/148595_10152376750865034_2016715770_n.jpg

Which iteration of the Enterprise should I do next? Don't say the NX-01, I will have you hanged.

i swear i'm not trying to be a troll here

but
i actually really liked the JJ Abrams movie (they've already filmed it's sequel)

and
also
i actually really liked the Enterprise show with Jonathan Archer