The Official Trek Thread

Slammin. I've got all of them except for 2, 6, and 8. And the last one, Star Trek 2009, that Abrams Abortion(™), but it was a shitty movie anyways aside from the beginning sequence with the Kelvin.

Also, I'm doing belated Christmas gifts for IRL friends, in the form of Star Trek drawings. Already got the Enterprise-A done:
148595_10152376750865034_2016715770_n.jpg

Which iteration of the Enterprise should I do next? Don't say the NX-01, I will have you hanged.

Looking good. When I was younger I was really big into drawing Starfleet ships. I'd mainly use my imagination and make the ships up off the top of my head lol. Enterprise-A was always my favorite btw.

That's wonderful. If you've got any old drawings, I'd love to see. I used to be into drawing them a lot when I was younger too, but my art was never any decent at that point, sadly. Was fun though.

And the Enterprise-A, and Enterprise-D are my favorites of them all; then again, I'm not too fond of the pre-refit NCC-1701, and the NX-01 is just ghastly.

That's wonderful. If you've got any old drawings, I'd love to see. I used to be into drawing them a lot when I was younger too, but my art was never any decent at that point, sadly. Was fun though.

And the Enterprise-A, and Enterprise-D are my favorites of them all; then again, I'm not too fond of the pre-refit NCC-1701, and the NX-01 is just ghastly.

Nah man, those are long gone. That would have been back in the early 90's that I was drawing them...would be cool if I still had them though.

One of my other favorite ships was the Excelsior
uss_excelsior.jpeg

This has got to be my all time favorite Star Trek scene. I remember seeing ST VI in theaters. Everyone in the theater cheered when they destroyed the Klingon ship. Gives me chills to this day lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll likely be after 2379, so after the events of Nemesis.

I've actually warmed up to Nemesis. The acting can get sorta dry at times though.

why don't they just the begining of the Captain Worf show taking place imediately after the events of Nemesis??

why don't they just the begining of the Captain Worf show taking place imediately after the events of Nemesis??

Because in Nemesis, Worf is still Lieutenant Commander. He still has to become a full-on Commander and serve a few years doing that, before he can be Captain.

Because in Nemesis, Worf is still Lieutenant Commander. He still has to become a full-on Commander and serve a few years doing that, before he can be Captain.

sorry
i should have remembered that
but it's been a while since i've seen Nemesis

Into Darkness was fucking amazing. Totally unlike that abortion of a movie from 2009. Holy shit did it ever rustle my jimmies in the best possible way.

Into Darkness was fucking amazing. Totally unlike that abortion of a movie from 2009. Holy shit did it ever rustle my jimmies in the best possible way.

someone saying Into Darkness was better than the 2009 movie makes me want to see it, but, what exactly was wrong with the 2009 movie?? i personally loved the 2009 movie

1) The Enterprise simply WAS NOT built on Earth, it was built in space, in zero gravity. It would be impossible with Earth's gravity to construct a vessel of that size.

2) The scene where the open shuttlebay is shown. Taking scale into account, comparing the shuttlecraft to the size of the Enterprise, this would place it at over 700m, bigger than even a Galaxy-class in the prime universe.

3) Regarding Ensign Chekov. He's only 17 in the movie. So Starfleet Academy accepts 13 year olds now?

4) On "Delta Vega", Kirk meets Ambassador Spock and later Scotty for the first time. All three have been exiled to this planet (Scotty allegedly because he misused Archer's beagle as a transporter test subject, old Spock by Nero to see the destruction of Vulcan, Kirk by young Spock who wanted to get rid of the troublemaker). They all meet within a range of a few kilometers on the surface.

And that's just a few of many gripes I have with it.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/inconsistencies-trekxi.htm#st09

1) The Enterprise simply WAS NOT built on Earth, it was built in space, in zero gravity. It would be impossible with Earth's gravity to construct a vessel of that size.

2) The scene where the open shuttlebay is shown. Taking scale into account, comparing the shuttlecraft to the size of the Enterprise, this would place it at over 700m, bigger than even a Galaxy-class in the prime universe.

3) Regarding Ensign Chekov. He's only 17 in the movie. So Starfleet Academy accepts 13 year olds now?

4) On "Delta Vega", Kirk meets Ambassador Spock and later Scotty for the first time. All three have been exiled to this planet (Scotty allegedly because he misused Archer's beagle as a transporter test subject, old Spock by Nero to see the destruction of Vulcan, Kirk by young Spock who wanted to get rid of the troublemaker). They all meet within a range of a few kilometers on the surface.

And that's just a few of many gripes I have with it.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/inconsistencies-trekxi.htm#st09

you're taking it way too seriously
it's just a movie

the 2009 movie, in and of itself, if you know nothing about star trek, (or if you completely ignore previously existing continuity) is a well made movie,
the specific things you mention aren't bothersome at all to the specific people that new nothing about star trek when they walked into the theater to see the 2009 movie

you totally sound like all those guys who in 2002 bitched about Tobey Maquire's webshooters being "organic" instead of "mechanical"