The Roundhouse Tapes... who else is excited as I am?

I am very happy with how this album sounds. I have learned to not care about the annoying beeps, and the fact that it's just 2 long tracks.

The stand out moment for me throughout the whole album is the "burn the winter landmarks...." part in UTWM. That performance is absolutely beautiful. Also, I am very surprised at how well Mikael hits his highs on GoP.

Lopez needs to sit Axe down and teach his ass how to play Windowpane. Starting with, not hitting the snare so fuckin hard! Jesus man! WTF.

This is great, even for a live album. I think some of these give the studio versions a good run for their money.

Yeah, UTWM has to be the highlight of the whole set. Well, that's what i thought when i saw them in Exeter last November.....it was just magical.

But yeah, I agree......Axe seemed to be struggling with Bleak and Windowpane, he just did not nail them like lopez did....But then again he is not Lopez :D , so that's sort of understandable really. I still think Axe is a great drummer, he really owned up When and BWP imo.

I am very happy with how this album sounds. I have learned to not care about the annoying beeps, and the fact that it's just 2 long tracks.

The stand out moment for me throughout the whole album is the "burn the winter landmarks...." part in UTWM. That performance is absolutely beautiful. Also, I am very surprised at how well Mikael hits his highs on GoP.

Lopez needs to sit Axe down and teach his ass how to play Windowpane. Starting with, not hitting the snare so fuckin hard! Jesus man! WTF.

This is great, even for a live album. I think some of these give the studio versions a good run for their money.

we are all very proud that you are able to listen to an illegal document that ruins musical experiences today ... well done!
so perhaps you will become so used to those annoying beeps that you won't even have to buy the album when it comes out, isn't that great!
people talking about illegal, leaked stuff should be banned from this forum ...

I just listened to the whole show and I can't wait to buy it when it comes out! I am also very excited about the dvd.

under the weeping moon, priceless

btw, in no way I would NOT buy this album... no question there, I have bought every opeth album and this one will not be an exception. I just was too curious to hear it right away.

Even without the beeps and separate tracks, I would still buy the original

looking forward to the release but i'm a student and i've spent so much i'm skint now! i either buy it and don't eat for a bit (baring in mind i'm pretty skinny already) or eat but dont get it for a bit. oh dear, I'm gonna have to wait.

does anyone feel that there should be more songs b/c it seems a little short...maybe the dvd will have them..let's hope!

we are all very proud that you are able to listen to an illegal document that ruins musical experiences today ... well done!
so perhaps you will become so used to those annoying beeps that you won't even have to buy the album when it comes out, isn't that great!

I completely agree with you. Mike already talked about how it pisses him off in a different thread just recently.

omg all this hype about the "peak" of their ghost reveries tour and only one song off that album....they should have at least included the grand conjuration and baying of the hounds..gay!...well the set list is good even though it seems kinda short

Oh, shut your fuckin dickwarmer.

It's the internet......music leaks before it's supposed to be released. That's life. For the artist's sake, I wish it werent so, but it is. To be honest, I have been salivating about this release for a very long time, and nabbed it the second I saw it. You act like I hummed parts for you guys and spoiled it for everyone.

Truth of the matter is I have purchased copies of every single other Opeth release and The Roundhouse Tapes will not be exempt from that list. I started out with downloaded copies, and bought them all because I felt Opeth deserved it and because I wanted all of their albums in my collection.

I had GR a month before the release, and skipped school on the release day to go buy it. Dont think for a second that a shitty leak with beeps is going to keep me from picking this one up too.

As far as discussing leaked albums is concerned, I didnt see that in the rules until now. I will refrain from doing so in the future, but must point out that this is a live album with songs that have been released before, so it's not like I am talking about new and unheard shit.

I will refrain from doing so in the future, but must point out that this is a live album with songs that have been released before, so it's not like I am talking about new and unheard shit.

Very good point, not to mention that the songs will be released again next year.

What about the soundcheck thing??? maybe we'll see them rehearse The Grand Conjuration and The Baying Of The Hounds (2 songs that were usually on the setlist of this tour). Or any other like White Cluster, Amen Corner.

That is true, I forgot about the soundcheck thingy that was mentioned... but, as for the actual show, the setlist in the previous thread lists it all there. Would be cool to hear some soundcheck songs that weren't on the setlist though :headbang:

I like a lot baying of the hounds and not even mention ghost of perdition or the grend conjuration
if opeth release only 1 song in that dvd I'll be as happy as hell B)

I watched some part of the concert in youtube of blackwaterpark and I didn't felt like shit, so I guess i'm with Eugenics comment
and I'll buy every opeth release for sure, and I suposse that the rest of the forum members will do the same, right?

I have already pre-ordered the CD so I'm not too bothered that I listened to the leaked recording.

Oh, shut your fuckin dickwarmer.

It's the internet......music leaks before it's supposed to be released. That's life. For the artist's sake, I wish it werent so, but it is. To be honest, I have been salivating about this release for a very long time, and nabbed it the second I saw it. You act like I hummed parts for you guys and spoiled it for everyone.

Truth of the matter is I have purchased copies of every single other Opeth release and The Roundhouse Tapes will not be exempt from that list. I started out with downloaded copies, and bought them all because I felt Opeth deserved it and because I wanted all of their albums in my collection.

I had GR a month before the release, and skipped school on the release day to go buy it. Dont think for a second that a shitty leak with beeps is going to keep me from picking this one up too.

As far as discussing leaked albums is concerned, I didnt see that in the rules until now. I will refrain from doing so in the future, but must point out that this is a live album with songs that have been released before, so it's not like I am talking about new and unheard shit.
Well said. I'm sure Mikael knows that the die hard fans buy their material. So whoever got their balls in a bunch needs to settle down.