The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

no not at all actually. That is weird because i know i just saw a pic that OCI posted of a massive gaping man asshole and now its deleted. Maybe VV cleaned it up?

The Foo Fighters s/t is just so excellent. I'm listening to this for the fourth time today. Aside from two duds, it's pretty packed with quality tunes. When it comes to non-metal, I'm much more likely to skip songs or only like a handful of songs on an album. The third track is the only one I don't care for really.

The Foo Fighters s/t is just so excellent. I'm listening to this for the fourth time today, aside from two duds, it's pretty packed with quality tunes. When it comes to non-metal, I'm much more likely to skip songs or only like a handful of songs on an album. The third track is the only one I don't care for really.

I agree, great album. "Alone + Easy Target" is a fucking awesome song. It's a shame they descended into yawnworthy pedestrian commercial blandrock.

They're probably the only rock band that comes to mind that was worth a shit since grunge ended.

lol. have you actually heard anything outside the mainstream? 'cause you know, mainstream rock is kind of like mainstream metal...

i like a couple of foo songs actually.

couple of bands i've been getting into recently... enjoying the national's 'alligator' quite a lot. fleet foxes are growing on me too, einherjer will be pleased to hear. i don't love them or anything but it's nice stuff. that's how i usually end up feeling about pitchfork's flavour of the year actually.

tonight i've been mostly listening to floyd and crimson. god knows why, i don't like either much.

I was speaking of mainstream rock, actually. I can see how that wasn't clear in my post. I won't pretend like I've actively followed anything deeper than that. When I think of stuff I've heard on the radio over the past dozen years, they seemed most consistently capable of recording good material, or at least enough hits to stay in the public ear.

I like that the vocalist of Kings of Leon sort of reminds me of Fish. But I hate Kings of Leon.

And nothing could ever be wrong with listening to King Crimson...well, I guess it depends what era....nothing is wrong with anything from '69-76.

Who else is into Ethnic music? I've been really digging this Indonesian compilation I got. The music has Indian, Chinese, and Arabian influence. I can't get enough of it.

I just recently checked out Comus' debut, First Utterance. Anybody who digs 70s prog/folk rock will probably enjoy them, but they're really different. The music is all acoustics with a pastoral sense, and sometimes scary high-pitch vocals. Strange stuff, but awesome.

Indeed, love that album. I had the pleasure of seeing them live a year ago, blew me away. Check out their other album To Keep From Crying too, it's no way near as whacky as First Utterance, but a good listen still.