The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

i love shit like these if anyone has any recs of similar bands/songs. keggs song in particular is an all-time favourite, pretty much my ideal of beautiful music right there.

Music Machine, which I mentioned, were absolutely thunderous, and released the song Talk Talk in '66 on their Turn On The Music Machine album. Very likely some of the most intense protopunk ever released bar The Stooges, MC5, and NY Dolls. Just drink in that fuzzy tone, and then remember that the song is from '66.

Reactions: CiG
I've definitely heard of Screaming Lord Sutch.
Cool. Sutch is essentially the 1960's British version of Screamin' Jay Hawkins (he even took the "Screaming" part of his name from him), and even got some of the best guitarists ever on some of his tracks and albums including Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Ritchie Blackmore (mostly because he never told them they were being recorded, and they got pissed at him later when he released the material on his albums and refused to work with him ever again). A lot of really dark stuff for 60's including tracks expliciting detailing murder and mutilation and various horror film creatures like the daughters of Dracula and werewolves. Black Merda is psychedelic soul, garage rock, blues rock and funk band from the 60's as well. Really cool stuff. How about Arthur Brown?

Music Machine, which I mentioned, were absolutely thunderous, and released the song Talk Talk in '66 on their Turn On The Music Machine album. Very likely some of the most intense protopunk ever released bar The Stooges, MC5, and NY Dolls. Just drink in that fuzzy tone, and then remember that the song is from '66.

yeah i like that one more than 'gloria' actually. nowhere near as much as the songs i posted mind you, but i don't really see eye to eye with the mainstream when it comes to '60s stuff in general. i really enjoy the b-side of that music machine 7", which was also on the album:

yeah, that's the song that always comes to mind for me. such a weird fucking band. that jug thing has always reminded me of the sound effects in that old game jet set willy (i grew up with an amstrad cpc).

how do folks feel about iron butterfly? i feel that they get a bit underrated these days, in-a-gadda-da-vida (the song) overshadows everything. i think that even the stuff that is ostensibly happy and hippiefied has this slightly unsettled surreal undercurrent which makes it great, there's something unbalanced and desperate about it. 'my mirage' is my personal favourite song by them, a lot people seem pretty meh about it. also linking a couple of my fav songs from HEAVY.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
well shit, nothing is on the level of mad river for me, the s/t is a candidate for my favourite album ever. nothing beats SEA SHANTIES when it comes to heavy psych either, that shit is freaking insane for 1969.

but yeah i do recommend checking out the above songs at least.