The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Cassette, that's nonsense. Brian has done a wondrous job with AC/DC. The sole legitimate grievance I can think of with him joining the band is that their sound and production became more streamlined and lost the vaguely low-fi edge it had with Bon.

Agree to disagree. "Wondrous" is especially laughable to me. I'm not saying Acca with Brian is shit, it's just not the Acca I love with the style I am attracted to.

For Those About to Rock and Flick of the Switch are both solid albums. Gets pretty patchy after that though. Bon material rules for sure.

Actually yeah those albums are pretty good too. "Landslide" rocks!

Bon did the sleazy lyrics with irony and humour ("She had the body of Venus, with arms"), Brian came off as kinda creepy ("Let me put my love into you, babe" (shudder)). They lost their 'wildness' when Bon died.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
True enough. Brian was better at writing the epic, "I'm gonna kick your ass" style stuff like Hells Bells, Bon was better with the "Hey baby" style sleaze.

I disagree. Bon had nothing to speak of with regards to a low register, Brian has a rather expansive one. Brian took the rawness and primal nature of AC/DC's vocals to a new level with his unique tonal and overall technical approach, and brought a new, down-to-earth, average Joe dynamic to the band's frontmanship while still kicking ass in maximum overdrive vocally.

With AC/DC he obviously needed it a lot less, I won't debate that, most AC/DC songs are sung in a mid to higher register. However, it gave him a capacity and versatility as a singer Bon never had.

Never said Brian was a better singer either, merely said there were things Brian could do that Bon couldn't. I would place them on even ground in terms of vocal ability.

Brian had more technical refinement and lower register capacity, but Bon could also hit higher notes than Brian could, Brian's highest is an A5, Bon's is an E6. Both are among the most impressive rock and roll singers to ever take the stage and have their own immense strengths unique to them.

It's also a grade A felony Brian's lyrical input got cut off, he can still crank out fantastic shit:

Both of these are songs Brian wrote for a film soundtrack a few years back with Cliff Williams playing bass and a session band.