The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

KISS for the entirety of the 70's were hard, shock, and glam rock. But, well enough into the 80's they dove head first into glam metal. In the 90's they recorded a few really metallic numbers too, like Unholy from 92's Revenge album and Within from 98's Psycho Circus.

I don't think KISS are metal, but who cares what young people would say about it?

For a great portion of their career, no. But like Deep Purple and some others, they without doubt moved into it later on.

For example?

For me, the metal in kiss is where the hair metal ventures into traditional metal.

Here are some examples:

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
God, I'd forgotten how heavy Exciter was. I should pop in Lick It Up later today, just to give it another listen, one I'll doubtlessly enjoy. The glam metal is definitely confirmation of them being metal too.

Last edited:
AMNESIAC is basically like a jumbled collection of KID A-era b-sides, they range widely in quality and tone but there's some greatness there. i'm particularly fond of 'life in a glasshouse' but i think i'm in a minority on that one. my second favourite radiohead song.

Last edited:
if i was gonna separate AMNESIAC into five tiers of quality...

life in a glasshouse
------
pyramid song
------
packt like sardines
i might be wrong
morning bell (dwarfed by the KID A version)
dollars and cents
like spinning plates
------
pulk/pull revolving doors
knives out
hunting bears
------
you and whose army?

Like Spinning Plates is my favorite. Tbh I'm kind of struggling to recall half the album just looking at the tracklist.