The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

So as of late I've been listening to a LOT of Atrium Carceri. This is because I spend the vast majority of my days reading and/or writing, and Atrium Carceri does really subtle, unimposing, creepy ambient shit that doesn't distract me.

However, I've also found that it's the perfect soundtrack for reading Lovecraft and Ligotti. Evenings when the wife's away, I turn the lights down, pour myself a whiskey, put on AC and crack open Songs of a Dead Dreamer or Grimscribe. Good shit.

Haha, it's not the kind of shit you can really dig based on a song, in my opinion (which is why I didn't post anything). They all blend into one another, I couldn't tell you one track I prefer over any other. It all just sounds like this:

I just love the fucking mood it sets.

The United States of America are one of those hidden little treasures of the boom of psychedelic and experimental rock bands from the late 60's. They only ever released their eponymous 1967 debut and dissolved soon thereafter. Trippy and folksy atmospherics, high tessitura vocals, etc. Great stuff.

Reactions: CiG
Geordie, Brian Johnson's pre-AC/DC band, not only showcase dimensions to Brian's voice seldom if ever presented in AC/DC's soundscape, but provide an eclectic and powerful blend of early 70's UK glam rock, hard rock, blues rock, and gypsy folk. Criminally overlooked.

Hadn't actually heard Geordie's music before, cheers HP. That first track you posted dies somewhere around the 4 minute mark by the way.

I'm digging this quite a lot right now:

Would love a hard copy but can't find one on eBay for under $70

Reactions: CiG
Hadn't actually heard Geordie's music before, cheers HP. That first track you posted dies somewhere around the 4 minute mark by the way.

I'm digging this quite a lot right now:

Would love a hard copy but can't find one on eBay for under $70

Glad I could introduce you to something. Thanks, I'll get around to finding anther video of it.