The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Jason Lytle <3

Also enka. Always enka. But it's hard to find my favorite songs on youtube so instead here's a video of Marty Friedman performing with one of my favorite enka singers for some fucking reason. It's utterly godawful.

In an attempt to broaden my musical horizons a bit I've decided to pick up some rap/hip hop albums. I don't have much of a place to start but I was thinking

Enter Wu Tang
Ready to Die
Illmatic

Would be a decent start. You guys have any recs based off of that stuff?

Reactions: CiG
In an attempt to broaden my musical horizons a bit I've decided to pick up some rap/hip hop albums. I don't have much of a place to start but I was thinking

Enter Wu Tang
Ready to Die
Illmatic

Very good place to start. Only other albums I'd recommend to someone starting out are:

Big L - Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous
Redman - Whut? Thee Album
Lord Finesse - Return Of The Funky Man
Jeru The Damaja - Sun Rises In The East

Enter Wu Tang
Ready to Die
Illmatic

liquid swords too, and you should probably try something 80s like public enemy's nation of millions

Public Enemy is more for people interested in hip hop history I think. If he's starting with those 90's gems, the Public Enemy sound may be a little too jarring for what he's getting into. Best to either grow up on Public Enemy and then expand or to get into later era stuff and then once your taste/interest is established, work backwards and do the history.

That would be my advice anyway.

Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em is essential. Also got mad love for the first 4 Cypress Hill albums, Gravediggaz's Six Feet Deep, Onyx's All We Got Iz Us and Schoolly D's How a Black Man Feels.

I actually listened to that Gravediggaz album yesterday and liked it so much I decided to buy it. Will need to check out the rest.

I tried Public Enemy but that retard Flava Flav kinda ruins it for me when he opens his mouth.

If you don't like this band, you can kill yourself

1219427.jpg

This shit is so good it makes me cry sometimes. 0:45 - 1:30 is pure eargasm and the lyrics are topnotch if you could understand the language..

Enter Wu Tang
Ready to Die
Illmatic

Get some Kool Keith into ya

Enter Wu Tang
Ready to Die
Illmatic

2Pac - Me Against the World
The first two Dr. Dre albums
NWA - Straight Outta Compton
Some of the Eminem albums I really enjoy
Cypress Hill - Temples of Boom
There's a Raekwon album out there a lot of people like but I didn't. I can't think of the name right now.
Outkast - ATLiens