The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

It says you've been here for ten years. Unless you were five when you joined we have to at least be roughly in the same age bracket.

Anyone here like Depeche Mode? I've only heard two of their songs-Master and Servant and Personal Jesus. That's enough for me to say that they are an awesome band

The Stooges essentially kept with the skeleton of the Detroit rock and roll mold, driving, gritty, absurdly loud blues-influenced chord pounders with wicked, uneasy solos, pumped into one sleek, lethal, rhythmically skintight package, then added the grimiest elements of The Rolling Stones and The Doors. Add a crazed frontman with a punk attitude, unique voice, and enough energy to outrun Usain Bolt on crack, and, voilà, The Stooges.

We Will Fall, unsurprisingly, a track on their debut, is their most Velvet Underground influenced track to my ears, along with 1970 or L.A. Blues.

Reactions: CiG
We Will Fall, unsurprisingly, a track on their debut, is their most Velvet Underground influenced track to my ears, along with 1970 or L.A. Blues.
After the longest of not really liking it all that much, I eventually came to the conclusion that the B-side of Funhouse was the best thing they ever did. The way it devolves through all three tracks into just plain noise is pretty awesome.