The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Neither can monotonal dried up pop punk with shitty lyrics.

What pop-punk bands do I listen to? That is about as far from what I listen as possible. We had this discussion before and you could not even name a proper indie/underground band that was apart of the real non-metal music scene. Shut the fuck up if you can't properly generalize my music taste with the right musical traits.

Take your narrow-minded failhood and stick it here:

(((0)))

That's not narrow-minded. Rage is about as bland as 90's/2000's hard rock could get. Similar to how System of a Down is today's context: ridiculous and annoying.

Okay, so you're narrow-minded AND in denial about it. Is that better?

Anyway, Rage rock ass, you're listening to them wrong, and Zack de la Rocha will pop a cap in your bitch ass.

Rage would be awesome if their ignorant lyrics didn't ruin it.

Edit: To clarify, I agree with them that things are fucked up, but the specifics and the offered solution are blatantly wrong.

"America's fucked up!!! The Answer is Communism!!!" :::Morello goes crazy on the guitar:::::

Edit: To clarify, I agree with them that things are fucked up, but the specifics and the offered solution are blatantly wrong.

"America's fucked up!!! The Answer is Communism!!!" :::Morello goes crazy on the guitar:::::

Even if they are reactionary and somewhat "extreme" in their views, they're 100 times more relevant than you'll ever be since they actually make it a point to do something about what they believe in.

dude one thing i love about them is that while morello might not be the best guitarist in the world he uses fuckin' everything he has available and just goes all out batshit crazy at times

i still love the FUCK out of killing in the name of's solo

Please refer to the band as Rage Against The Machine or the shorthand abbreviation, as to not be confused with this band:

it's just so irritating.... makes me think of when I dare to wear the shirt somewhere and people assume I'm promoting leftist rap-rock as opposed to Legendary German Power Thrash.. :p

carry on

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they are reactionary and somewhat "extreme" in their views, they're 100 times more relevant than you'll ever be since they actually make it a point to do something about what they believe in.

Because I don't? :rolleyes: We are talking about music and you want to jump in with a personal insult that is more ignorant than RATM lyrics. Stay on topic please.

Please refer to the band as Rage Against The Machine or the shorthand abbreviation, as to not be confused with this band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES1xg406NYo

it's just so irritating.... makes me think of when I dare to wear the shirt somewhere and people assume I'm promoting leftist rap-rock as opposed to Legendary German Power Thrash.. :p

carry on

Does it sound like theres an elevator version of some Master of Puppets riffs in there to anyone else ?

Also.. RATM is boring, just not enough going on for me

Because I don't? :rolleyes: We are talking about music and you want to jump in with a personal insult that is more ignorant than RATM lyrics. Stay on topic please.

First off, you disagreeing with them doesn't make them "ignorant."

Okay, I know their lyrics are political and all, but they're really not as stupid about it (on the albums I've heard anyway) as a lot of political bands are. The message I hear seems to focus on the theme of revolution as opposed to a specific ideology, and the lyrics tend to be fairly poetic, not just "lol fuck america!!" So I think you're being a little hard on them here. Unless you really just hate them for their views in the first place.

:lol:

Okay, I know their lyrics are political and all, but they're really not as stupid about it (on the albums I've heard anyway) as a lot of political bands are. The message I hear seems to focus on the theme of revolution as opposed to a specific ideology, and the lyrics tend to be fairly poetic, not just "lol fuck america!!" So I think you're being a little hard on them here. Unless you really just hate them for their views in the first place.

The lyrics are well done, I just completely disagree with their position on a solution, as well as some of the targets of their "frustration".

It's the same disdain I feel for people who wear Che Guevara shirts (which is the kind of stereotypical apparrel you see on big Rage fans). I hope they have Hitler and Mao Zedong shirts in their closet as well, so they aren't leaving out any of history's other recent famous revolutionary butchers.