The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

You're in the group that is much more exclusive to the less extended, more harder rocking TMV stuff. Then, there's another group of fans that swear by 'Frances'. Personally, I love every single thing they have except a lot of 'Goliath'. It's the heaviest and most urgent, but the songwriting isn't as good as the previous three IMO. My favorites are 'Amputechture' and 'De-Loused', with 'Frances' behind because it just doesn't have as many songs...though I still love it... playing 'Cassandra Gemmini' right now actually...I don't see it as random noodling in this song...not in a bad way at least...sometimes the journey can be extended and it's just fine. :)

I don't have a problem with extended jams or psychedelic breakdowns in general, but on Frances.. it feels excessive to me. Maybe I need to bunker down for a day with some mushrooms or acid and it'll all make perfect sense..

Last night I saw the GZA aka the Genius play at a local nightclub. It was a really good concert. GZA played a lot from both Liquid Swords and his new stuff. He also even did a little bit of Clan in Da Front and I Like it Raw. Beretta 9 from Killarmy was the opening act and he was decent. All in all a really fun and new experience.

Awesome, I'd love to see him or the whole Clan live at some point.

The first Foo Fighters is really good. It has a lot more charm than the recent arena rock-ish material. Grohl wrote all of it while touring with Nirvana, so some of that influence comes through.

Agreed. It's the only album of theirs that is any good. I think the main reason is because it was stuff he'd been writing for years by himself, and by playing all the instruments on the recording himself, it remained somewhat pure. As soon as he started writing new stuff with the musicians he'd hired, it all went to shit very quickly.

Paramore has a hot vocalist. I'd fuck her.

I know I've sort of given you more of a chance than some others in some ways before, but, I have to say this sort of thing really irks the hell out of me, I'm sure you could care less, but I don't know, if you could sort of become less predatory/typical male or at least pretend, like in the future, that would be cool. I don't really dig the hugely conflicting feelings of wanting to get along with you and wanting to scream. Whatever. I just wanted to put that out there.

I know I've sort of given you more of a chance than some others in some ways before, but, I have to say this sort of thing really irks the hell out of me, I'm sure you could care less, but I don't know, if you could sort of become less predatory/typical male or at least pretend, like in the future, that would be cool. I don't really dig the hugely conflicting feelings of wanting to get along with you and wanting to scream. Whatever. I just wanted to put that out there.

I don't make concessions to complete strangers.

that's true, that's true. :p Down here we're used to saying it that way and couldn't care less if it was the right way or not. :p But I should be more disciplined than that, since I can be a grammar freak too.

However, at times, I challenge the ordinary aesthetic in favor of something I feel is much much more correct..for example:

Jane had blue, red and yellow buckets. <----- how did this become accepted as the right way? We may think nothing of it since this is how we're taught..but just compare..

Jane had blue, red, and yellow buckets. <----- ahhh...much improved! it has ceased to look like a rushed-through sentence fragment at the end. The first part also looks better, and the pauses are now even and appropriate.

I have seen it done both ways, in both professional and non-professional use, and the competition is encouraging. I'm certain followers of the former sentence type will lose.

I finally got around to checking out Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, which is a side project of Protector of Summoning. I'm very pleased. It sounds a lot like Summoning, but without the black metal vocals and guitars. I have In Darkness Let Me Dwell, which has Tania Borsky on vocals. She did guest vocals on "Where Hope and Daylight Die" from Summoning's Stronghold.

I finally got around to checking out Die Verbannten Kinder Evas, which is a side project of Protector of Summoning. I'm very pleased. It sounds a lot like Summoning, but without the black metal vocals and guitars. I have In Darkness Let Me Dwell, which has Tania Borsky on vocals. She did guest vocals on "Where Hope and Daylight Die" from Summoning's Stronghold.

That's awesome. I'll have to check them out.

Rage Against the Machine seriously rocks my goddamn ass all over the place. I blast their albums all the time while driving around Richmond these days. So fucking great.

Rage Against the Machine seriously rocks my goddamn ass all over the place. I blast their albums all the time while driving around Richmond these days. So fucking great.

No, they are terrible. Rap-rock can never be good.