The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

Both the Beatles and the Stones are yawn worthy. Yeah yeah blah blah they were major influences. My brother is a huge classic rock fan and Led Zeppelin is the only band out of that group he listens to that doesn't consistantly make me want to figuratively commit suicide when he has had his stuff playing.

You should give it a try again. I recommend King Crimson for you. Although I wouldn't trust someone who thinks DMB and Matchbox is good music.

I like The Stones better than The Beatles. They were edgier.

Yeah i've been slowly growing away from the Beatles more and more. I grew up with them and loved them but lately alot of their songs are cringeworthy to me.

Stones on the other hand have a handful of REALLY fucking good songs.
Midnight Rambler
Sister Morphine
Gimme Shelter
Paint it Black

to name a few

The Beatles have more than a handful of great songs imo:

I Am The Walrus
Yesterday
Yellow Submarine
Come Together
Something
Strawberry Fields Forever
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Across the Universe
Let It Be
While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Does no one like any of those? D:

Anyone here fans of them? I like them alot. Compare to shit like Animal Collective, they are great.
Never understood the hype that album. Sure it's catchy, and the horns are cool, but besides that the music itself is so generic and boring to me.

The Beatles have more than a handful of great songs imo:

I Am The Walrus
Yesterday
Yellow Submarine
Come Together
Something
Strawberry Fields Forever
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Across the Universe
Let It Be
While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Does no one like any of those? D:

I like all of those. I'd add to that:

Yer Blues
Taxman
Why Don't We Do It In The Road?
Everybody's Got Something To Hide (Except For Me And My Monkey)
I'm Only Sleeping
Sexy Sadie
Tomorrow Never Knows
Glass Onion
A Day In The Life
Helter Skelter

The Rolling Stones and The Beatles both suck. Mick Jagger is the ugliest overrated frontman in rock history, and a piano hitting the street from 10 floors up sounds better than Paul McCartney's best effort on the keys.

The Rolling Stones and The Beatles both suck. Mick Jagger is the ugliest overrated frontman in rock history, and a piano hitting the street from 10 floors up sounds better than Paul McCartney's best effort on the keys.

You're just being silly. I'm no huge Stones fan but I'm not about to say they suck just to sound like some rebellious knobend who rejects all that is mainstream. These bands helped shape the music we listen to today, and that's a fact.

My god. How hard is it to find any descent rap? Ive been sitting through shitloads, but never found any interesting. Any albums that doesn't contain the words; my pals, bitches, money, hood, gangsta and sounds somewhat good?

I would like that...

4vq0jc.jpg

Jurassic+5+-+Power+In+Numbers.jpeg

Beastie_Boys-Ill_Communication.jpg

De%2BLa%2BSoul%2B-%2BStakes%2BIs%2BHigh.jpg

Sahara Hotnights man. Chick rock from Sweden. They've got a really great Americana vibe oddly enough and really catchy songs. The singer's voice is lovely.

The best Stones song is "Miss You." I like Etta James' cover of it, fuck she is a goddess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying Lotus is abstract/instrumental hip hop. He's awesome

I recommend you check out Jedi Mind Tricks ( violent by Design especially) Immortal Technique's Revolutionary Volume 2, Jay Electronica, Outkast's Stankonia ( one of my all-time favorite albums) and Nas's Illmatic. Quality

Thanks, some more to check out. Hope at least one of the albums will be somewhat interesting for me. The closest thing I come to enjoy some "rapping" is RATM or nu-metal. Haha...

Well i've been lovin' on jazz for a long time because of my jazz studies with guitar,

charles mingus
miles davis
wes montgomery
pat martino
john coltrane
charlie parker
the modern jazz quartet

are gettin' lots of play time, i've been listening to the local jazz station 24/7 as well, and im traveling all summer but i got an app for it so i can listen to it wherever and whenever :D

i'm looking around for some good french jazz and just french music in general

Great list of musicians. I've been listening to West Montgomery and Pat Martino too, and I also need plenty more to listen to. I'm thinking of getting jazz guitar lessons, I'm mostly a self taught metal guitarist so it'd be good to get more of other music in me to help with my musicianship.

You totally should, Episterme. I've learned so much incredible stuff through jazz Study. The further you get, the more the instrument begins to make sense. OH and you get to deal with chords like C Minormajor 7th

Recently loving Steve Stevens' solo work. I can't believe he played guitar for Billy Idol.

Last edited by a moderator: