The thread where you talk about non-metal music you like.

I love plenty of more underground acts, but the majority of Electrnic I listen to is fairly popular stuff.Some of my favorite's are

Goldie

Aphex Twin

Burial

hip hopish stylings of RJD2

similiarly styled Prefuse 73

Burial and Four tet

Murcof

andddddddd UNderworld!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really think of any electronica with such a sentimental and 'soulful' feel to it, so VNV has earned a special place in my heart for that.

Man that's amazing to me. Not saying you're 'wrong' or anything (as if it's possible to be wrong about what you like), but 'soulful' describes like, all early house and techno to me. Derrick May called techno 'high tech soul' even. Like this song...

So simplistic but those synths, that DEEP AS HELL kick...aah makes me wanna be a gay black dude in 80s Chicago like crazy. Then you got a fat old dude singing about cryptofascism or whatever VNV's deal is over some beat he made in Reason.. I dunno it's just so the opposite of soul to me haha

Man that's amazing to me. Not saying you're 'wrong' or anything (as if it's possible to be wrong about what you like), but 'soulful' describes like, all early house and techno to me. Derrick May called techno 'high tech soul' even. Like this song...

I don't think 'soulful' is really a word I was looking for, hence the quotes. Maybe 'personable', I dunno. Whatever it is, I find them easier to connect with emotionally than most electronica.

In the case of VNV themselves I think they hit upon something great with Empires. I can't really think of any electronica with such a sentimental and 'soulful' feel to it, so VNV has earned a special place in my heart for that. Even if it's somewhat cheesy, it feels well-meaning to me so it's easy enough for me to accept it as it is.

Well put.

Listen to a lot of Cardiacs

(Embed Disabled)

(More Embed Disabled)

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day...
I lost myself in a familiar song
I CLOSED MY EEEEYES AND I SLIPPED AWAAAAAAAAYYYY

PROG ROCK!

holy shit, it's fantastic!!!

album-everyone-into-position.jpg

Saw an Australian Progressive Rock band named Karnivool last night at a small pub nearby. Great show, they sounded even better live then on cd.
The singer has an absolute amazing voice live.