The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

holy crap mp3 players

30 gb zune here, with Tetris installed (look it up). Best thing ever. And I uploaded every single album art myself, out of hundreds on the Internet, only the best choices for every single cover, and a couple I even took pictures of in their vinyl form and edited them some so they would fit in, because the WWW didn't have them.

This is only the tip of the iceberg for me and things like this.

I have this shitty 1 gb one that was bought for 15 dollars. It's been through the wash twice and the headphone jack doesn't work unless I press on it real hard.

Just got finished editing Doden's paper and now about to play some Halo. Saw "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and it sucked ass.

holy crap mp3 players

30 gb zune here, with Tetris installed (look it up). Best thing ever. And I uploaded every single album art myself, out of hundreds on the Internet, only the best choices for every single cover, and a couple I even took pictures of in their vinyl form and edited them some so they would fit in, because the WWW didn't have them.
This only the tip of the iceberg for me and things like this.

Holy shit, dude, OCD much?

Rather pissed because the audio stream logging program I'm trying to write isn't writing to the file correctly, and the Visual Studio debugger is also fucking up, so I have no idea where the problem is. I don't feel like researching troubleshooting info for the debugger, so I'm giving up for now and playing some Eve.

This is only the tip of the iceberg for me and things like this.

Since obsessing over MP3s is your thing, are you aware of the auto-tagging feature in Winamp? Just thought I'd check since I actually wasted a lot of time re-tagging files manually before I found out about that, and I wouldn't want you to go through the same.

Holy shit, dude, OCD much?

I have to admit, I'm exactly like that with my music too. I have all my mp3s properly tagged and filenamed, and under the proper folders completely 100% organized. Though, I still do have a bit of album artwork to catch up on though because I'm so picky with that. I decided that all the album artwork must be 300x300 pixels, and it has to look great so no awful scans or anything will do. :p

Since obsessing over MP3s is your thing, are you aware of the auto-tagging feature in Winamp? Just thought I'd check since I actually wasted a lot of time re-tagging files manually before I found out about that, and I wouldn't want you to go through the same.
Winamp's auto-tag sucks some ass when it can't figure out what the song is. I'd rather just go through and do it myself.
I have to admit, I'm exactly like that with my music too. I have all my mp3s properly tagged and filenamed, and under the proper folders completely 100% organized. Though, I still do have a bit of album artwork to catch up on though because I'm so picky with that. I decided that all the album artwork must be 300x300 pixels, and it has to look great so no awful scans or anything will do. :p
I have my folders pretty well organized and my artwork pretty much done, but I couldn't care less if it wasn't the perfect size or whatever. I generally google an album, grab the best looking thumbnail on the front page and use that.

My folders are organized by artist and then album name. I tag artist, album, genre, and year. I'm pretty OCD too but wanting the perfect album art... if it looks good it looks good, who cares if it's 300x033 or 250x250?

Winamp's auto-tag sucks some ass when it can't figure out what the song is. I'd rather just go through and do it myself.

I have my folders pretty well organized and my artwork pretty much done, but I couldn't care less if it wasn't the perfect size or whatever. I generally google an album, grab the best looking thumbnail on the front page and use that.

My folders are organized by artist and then album name. I tag artist, album, genre, and year. I'm pretty OCD too but wanting the perfect album art... if it looks good it looks good, who cares if it's 300x033 or 250x250?

Little things really annoy me I guess, and I like things to be consistent.

Tag&Rename is a really good program easy and helpful in re-tagging and editing mp3 info. I would recommend this program, it saves a lot of effort.

I basically organize my music like this, for example:
Metal > Death Metal > Panzerchrist > (2003) Room Service > 02 - Creature.mp3

The only time I've ever seen it get confused is with compilation/mix albums. 99% of the time it works fine, so I don't know how you could consider it better to do it on your own.

I basically organize my music like this, for example:
Metal > Death Metal > Panzerchrist > (2003) Room Service > 02 - Creature.mp3

I prefer to save clicks, so mine would look like:

Metal (Extreme) > Panzerchrist > 2003 02 Panzerchrist - Creature

Just one layer of categories, and no folders for albums. At the moment I have the following categories in my 'root directory':
Avant-Garde
Electronic (Industrial, Other)
Electronic (Trance)
Game Soundtracks
Gothic and Synthpop
Instrumental and Ambient
Metal (Classic)
Metal (Extreme)
Metal (Heavy)
Metal (Melodic)
Rock (60s-70s Hard)
Rock (60s-70s Progressive)
Rock (60s-70s Soft)
Rock (70s-80s)
Rock (90s-00s Alternative)
Rock (90s-00s Hard)
(Other Genres)

this is how my music is arranged:

- all the folders at the top level directory are band names. no genres.

- inside each folder are all the songs i have for that band, no subfolders. i take them out of their album folders. i fix the spelling of all song titles. i delete songs i dont like.

- cuz i cant find cover art for some bands, i just dont have cover art for any band at all.