The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

hmm, never knew about the autotagging thing, but everything is already tagged, so it's alright...

One thing I hate is a while back I noticed my rip settings were making only the IDv1 tags, not the IDv2 tags, so for things with long song or album names, it was truncating the titles and they looked stupid on Winamp and the zune (like 'Imaginations From The Oth') and I had to copy all those to IDv2 so the full titles could be there. Especially with live albums you have to do it, because I title mine Song Title (Live-Live in wherever) so right there you have a whole album full of stuff that really needs IDv2 tags and they didn't have them and it looked like crap. But that will never happen again. :loco:

another side note about the zune, that red hot drops video thing that comes on it is really very trippy. I got rid of the other videos for space, but I'm keeping that one.

Mine goes G: > Shared Shit > Brutal Death Metal - Deathgrind > Defeated Sanity > (2004) Prelude To The Tragedy

I don't give a shit about saving clicks because I have Winamp set up so typing the album name in Media Library brings it up, or typing "Defe--" or the first few letters of any band in Album List will go to DS, then hit enter and it plays. Or Alt+Z plays a random album. Or I actually pick out a CD I own from around my room and physically put it in because I don't rip them. :p

Oh, and for my Zune (only 4 gb) I did what OCI did; all the album art uploaded myself. However I did it for significantly less music :p recently I did sort my unsorted album "acquisitions" which have been building up for months and months, and it took a few hours of retagging/categorizing, etc.

80GB Zune,

Have my music done Music > Band Folder > Album Folder (Year) > mp3s.

I used to have all my shit 100% organized but 2 HD wipes later I haven't had the time to re-organize completely again. Bunch of tags still aren't correct, and the filenames aren't all uniform.

Little OCD about my music, but not enough to bother with it unless I am really bored lol.

You guys who are organizing your music in genres? Aren't it annoying to decide on those borderline bands that cannot really be definied. Like Agalloch for example, were are you putting them?

I do it like this:
/home/vilden/musik/<artist>/<album>/<track>.ogg

I bet they have to argue with themselves what genre they are in.

"Celtic Frost aren't black metal you fool, they are thrash"
"wtf are you talking about!"

I have a small music folder with maybe 15 albums in and then a zune folder with nearly 100GB of music in.

I had to use the zune as a back up device when my copy of XP died (yes for once I swapped to Vista because of problems with a really retarded cut down version of XP that didn't work properly).

i have a number of random folders.
still rebuilding my music collection from my last ipod break down :(
when its complete, I'll just move all my music folders into one big one and leave it at that. never been one for organising music beyond making sure the album and artist names are on there.

Shit, all mine is all of the bands are in the my music folder :lol: fuck organizing, that's what WMP is for.

You guys who are organizing your music in genres? Aren't it annoying to decide on those borderline bands that cannot really be definied. Like Agalloch for example, were are you putting them?

I do it like this:

This is why I never organized into genres. I want to, but I'm not sure how specific to be genre-wise, or where to put certain groups. Some sort of last.fm-esque tagging system for your actual PC files would be awesome.

Anyway, just woke up.

I can't say I've ever lost any sleep over where to put a borderline band in my folders. Seems like a rather silly thing to get hung up on.

Anyway, I've been up for 25 hours at the moment, and now finally getting ready to sleep.

Anyway, I've been up for 25 hours at the moment, and now finally getting ready to sleep.
Meth.jpg

I do it like this:
That's pretty much the same way I organize.

/Home/Butt/My Music/My Music/Burzum/Filosofem/01 Dunkelheit.mp3

Don't ask why I have a My Music folder inside My Music. :/

I do it like this:

I found it easiest to just include Agalloch/Opeth-esque bands under an umbrella 'Heavy' genre distinction. I broke everything down into the following:

Black, Brutal, Core, Death, Doom, Heavy, and Thrash.

Power, Speed, Faster-paced Doom, Traditional metal, and the borderline go under heavy. Death/Thrash and Death/Doom go under death. Black/Thrash and most first wave Black falls under thrash. Of course certain bands are still rough to classify but at least I know they'll be in one of two places.

I never used to make sub-genre specific tags, but eventually one massive metal list became too much. I like being able to turn on my iPod, determine exactly what type of metal I'm in the mood for, and have a list pretty specific to that type of bands. It will be be a great day when programs, by standard practice, can read and sort based on multiple genre tags.