The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Chilling. My friend who works at Regal Cinemas says they're hiring, so I'm gonna try to get a job there. Sounds like it'd be okay.
Played guitar for my final history presentation (talent thing). The sixth string (E downtuned to D) was a bit out of tune which bothered me but it was mostly soloing so I didn't use it much. I didn't make many mistakes and anyhow most of these people had no idea what I was doing so everyone kinda went nuts at the end.

Actually, minimum wage is $8 here. My friend says they'll give full time. $8 per hour x say 35 hrs a week x about 60 weeks is almost $17k. After taxes, that's significantly less, but still pretty fucking good. My family doesn't have trouble paying for McGill, actually. I'm taking the year off mostly to take a year off; the working is incidental.

Why? Lots of people do it. It's better than being one of those lame douchebags who don't give a fuck and are just in it to get a degree so they can be a doctor so their parents won't be ashamed of them. I plan on actually caring about what I'm doing in college, and right now I don't see that happening.

I understand you're burned out from high school, but college is completely different. What taxed your integrity in HS won't be there.

Actually, minimum wage is $8 here. My friend says they'll give full time. $8 per hour x say 35 hrs a week x about 60 weeks is almost $17k. After taxes, that's significantly less, but still pretty fucking good. My family doesn't have trouble paying for McGill, actually. I'm taking the year off mostly to take a year off; the working is incidental.

16,800 before taxes, but factor in payroll taxes, state and local, etc and you're looking at, maybe 13-14k tops. You'll probably end up blowing a third of that on crap you've been wanting for a while too, so that leaves about 9k

I also agree with Andy and Jeremy. Don't take a year off. You will regret it.

Don't take a year off if you don't have to. I've been told this by tons of people, quite a few who did take a year off. Don't do it if you don't have to. Sadly, I have too. Actually, I may have to delay it 2 years. :erk:

Partaking in a voluntary transaction of beer to my gullet before heading to bed.

The beer is quite happy about it, I assure you

And that's when you start sleeping with hookers without a condom so that finally, years later, when she does give you some again, you get your revenge by giving her AIDS

I understand you're burned out from high school, but college is completely different. What taxed your integrity in HS won't be there.

Don't take a break; college slays.
Truth. You might not think so now, but college is so fun and so awesome. It's hard academically, but in a different way compared to high school.