The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

i did the phone interview in the nude, for the job i got now. it might help.

I love being a dick to people who try to sell me stuff on the phone.

It's fun.

Some cow double glazing saleswoman rang me up right before school once and I said something like 'I don't really have time for one such as you' in a gay voice and she told me to fuck off.

As funny as it is, you'd think we a job as easy as hers the basic principles of politeness could be adhered to.

I had this girl solicit me at a outdoor shopping area to buy some cologne from her, and I was like "I don't wear cologne", and when she persisted to try and sell it to me I just told her "Cologne is for faggots" and walked off.

My friends were like "daaamn, that was cold". You can't give people like that any opening or they won't shut up.

One time some person tried to sell me something and as she was opening her mouth I just gave her a hard "no" and she made a very annoyed face.

Seemingly to old ladies in Hong Kong selling stuff the holding up of the palm facing the object being sold doesn't mean "no thanks" there. Whenever I did it they thought I was interested which led to many giving me angry faces and saying stuff to me in Cantonese.

Some cow double glazing saleswoman rang me up right before school once and I said something like 'I don't really have time for one such as you' in a gay voice and she told me to fuck off.

As funny as it is, you'd think we a job as easy as hers the basic principles of politeness could be adhered to.

As far as I know the place you're working for monitors your calls... so you cant get away with shit like that.

My uncle Brian did manage to really let loose his last day at working at one of those places.... where everyone he called, he opened with "Hello, my name is Brian, and I'd rather kill myself than work here another day."

Proof he did it came in a letter sent along with his last pay check. :lol:

I was customer service for a bank, people called me. I could never do phone sales, the whole concept irritates the hell out of me.

Yeah, I could do work at a call center where people call in for questions/help

I had this girl solicit me at a outdoor shopping area to buy some cologne from her, and I was like "I don't wear cologne", and when she persisted to try and sell it to me I just told her "Cologne is for faggots" and walked off.

My friends were like "daaamn, that was cold". You can't give people like that any opening or they won't shut up.

:lol:

I like talking on the phone. I don't have to worry about my awful body language and fidgety nervous reactions to things. Plus, being a relatively unattractive person, it's better that people don't see me. I feel considerably more confident on the phone. I had to do cold calls for journalism assignments a lot, so I got used to it.

I've been apartment hunting lately. I've seen a few places I like, but it's so hard to know what else is out there, or what deals I might be missing. I don't really have the time to pound the pavement in the area I like looking for openings that are poorly advertised. I figure I can spend about a third of what I make on rent+utilities, so that gives me some good options, but probably still limited to studios.

I've been apartment hunting lately. I've seen a few places I like, but it's so hard to know what else is out there, or what deals I might be missing. I don't really have the time to pound the pavement in the area I like looking for openings that are poorly advertised. I figure I can spend about a third of what I make on rent+utilities, so that gives me some good options, but probably still limited to studios.

Just drive around some areas that interest you and see what complexes you can find. That's what I did and found the one I'm currently in right now. Do it on a weekend or something just to scout the areas then make an appointment to look at a place later

I'm sitting around. Woke up about an hour ago. It's 3pm now.
Summer ftw.

Thinking of going to see the new Transformers tomorrow.
Thinking I shouldn't because it's going to be regurgitated american shit with only about 5 minutes of robot fighting.

Just ordered a new computer.

I wanted to build one, but it's too much effort, and the one I'm getting seems customizable, and it's what I really want.