The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Almost every one of my papers come back to me with a comment regarding my diction, which, as cookiecutter will tell you, is "wordy" to say the least, complicated, and overly long. But I never change it. I think it's a bit amusing, actually. It's my writing style and I enjoy it. Academic papers (except philosophy papers) shouldn't necessarily be intuitively obvious anyway. If you're writing on a complex subject, I think it's useful to utilize a similarly elaborate analysis.

AKA I just had a meeting with one of my teachers and he told me that my style of writing is difficult to follow. I have to rework this paper now amidst the 3 other papers I have to write. :erk:

Almost every one of my papers come back to me with a comment regarding my diction, which, as cookiecutter will tell you, is "wordy" to say the least, complicated, and overly long. But I never change it. I think it's a bit amusing, actually. It's my writing style and I enjoy it. Academic papers (except philosophy papers) shouldn't necessarily be intuitively obvious anyway. If you're writing on a complex subject, I think it's useful to utilize a similarly elaborate analysis.

AKA I just had a meeting with one of my teachers and he told me that my style of writing is difficult to follow. I have to rework this paper now amidst the 3 other papers I have to write. :erk:
Consider taking a journalism class. If you have a good prof, you will definitely learn to be very concise. It's shocking how much of a reduction in words can be made without losing meaning. TAs generally prefer to see you write the minimum number of pages, so it helps to cut down on rambling and cram a ton of info in a smaller space.

Employing a friend's advice on setting up and managing a blog that I'll be setting up for the next few days. It should be launched sometime this weekend. This blog will cover aspects of my life ranging from metal, school, family, and miscellaneous interests/events.

Once I launch the blog I'll email everyone who I think may be interested in being part of the mailing list for blog updates. I know a few of you here may be interested, so PM me if you'd like to be on that mailing list. I'll also have link to the blog posted in my signature once it's officially launched.

Sitting here hating the pain in my neck. Very tired, and hoping there will be at least a delay tomorrow.

It's not that your sentences are wordy (if that is even an extant participant of the dictionary), but more that you, Necuratul, of New Jersey, write twisting, often labyrinthine, sentences, which often divorce the reader, usually me, from the meaning that you, as the writer, meant to convey.

Also, speaking of blogs...

|
|
|
|
V

I am hanging out with my blind albino lesbian friend and being in extreme pain from degenerative joint disease (basically arthritis for young peoples leading to extreme arthritis later in life a.k.a. 40. Not happy about this situation.)

you have this disease?