The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Sitting in Chicago at my cousin's place because I'm STUCK HERE until probably Monday or Tuesday.
My flight was cancelled and all other forms of transportation back East are shutting down.

I'm going to miss teaching my first few classes and it fucking sucks.

About to get ready to go into work. Afterwards, I'm going to the second part of an IPA tasting with friends to herald the oncoming of HURRICANE IRENE and to rock our tastebuds like a hurricane.

The whole data entry discussion made me think about how almost no one does blue collar jobs in this country like I do. Funny thing is my line of work pays better than sitting in a cubicle. Is it that people are just afraid to get their hands dirty, or is the stigma attached to heavy lifting grunt work really that unbearable?

I'd say in my case that it's because my demographic (middle class liberal arts degree-ed females who are sorely lacking in practical hands-on and "how stuff works" skills) is useless in a blue collar work environment. The college pyramid scheme breeds a lot of soft-palmed and practically useless people.

Update: I managed to book a bus to Buffalo that leaves Chicago at noon today and gets into Buffalo at 2 AM Sunday morning. Still sucks I won't get to Bangor in time to teach on Monday but at least it's progress.

I'd say in my case that it's because my demographic (middle class liberal arts degree-ed females who are sorely lacking in practical hands-on and "how stuff works" skills) is useless in a blue collar work environment. The college pyramid scheme breeds a lot of soft-palmed and practically useless people.

You can't work a blue collar job cuz yer a girl, now git in da kitchen herp.
j/k
If you are seriously interested in getting a job that will get your hands dirty, there are plenty that don't require brute strength. You could easily get a CDL and drive a truck, for example.

I feel weird. I didn‘t know what to do so I mixed shitty wine with carbonated water in a 0,5l glass. That made me feel weird and thirsty so I went to buy a beer. Now I‘m drinking a beer and I still don‘t know what to do. But it will help me. And I will probably have another one after I finish it.

Oh FUCK I need another beer otherwise I‘ll kill myself. FUCKING SHIT I NEED A BEER.

EDIT: Should I go get it now or should I just sit here and do nothing for ten minutes and then go get it?

New dominos pizza isn't bad for sure, though i rarely order pizza from them. I luvs dem chickin wingz.

Just watched UFC 134 at Rio.

Anderson Silva beat the hell out of Okami. Wow, what a joke. I thought the japanese guy was tough. The Spider won the fight so easily it looked like a fake fight or something.

This is the guy who trained with Chael Sonnen? LOL :lol:

Had a great day. Ran in the City to Surf race, a 12km run with about 40,000 people, and managed to comfortably beat my target time of 55mins. Went out for breakfast with the gf, went to the International Beer Shop and picked up some Stones Pale Ale and spent the afternoon chilling in the sun on her balcony. Then went to a free outdoor screening of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, one of my favourite movies.