The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

The whole data entry discussion made me think about how almost no one does blue collar jobs in this country like I do. Funny thing is my line of work pays better than sitting in a cubicle. Is it that people are just afraid to get their hands dirty, or is the stigma attached to heavy lifting grunt work really that unbearable?

it's more like the government is pushing more people into college because getting into and being in college is a huge money making business. the general view now is that blue collar workers are not intelligent but are lazy and work cheap jobs.

couldn't be further from the truth

it's more like the government is pushing more people into college because getting into and being in college is a huge money making business. the general view now is that blue collar workers are not intelligent but are lazy and work cheap jobs.

The perception here has changed a lot over the past decade. I need to find the report the government here released, but it showed that a lot of younger people are forsaking post-secondary and entering directly into blue-collar trades. Honestly, I don't blame them.

The perception here has changed a lot over the past decade. I need to find the report the government here released, but it showed that a lot of younger people are forsaking post-secondary and entering directly into blue-collar trades. Honestly, I don't blame them.

True and sad. Higher education in America is little more than a pyramid scheme. Oddly enough, these days, going to trade school to become a plumber/electrician/et al will put you in better financial footing in the long run than any liberal arts degree, law degree, and most medical degrees.

Just ordered some awesome band shirts. My Bloody Valentine, Portishead, Cocteau Twins and GY!BE awww yeeahhhh.

Wow. Portishead is cool, I guess.

Drinking coconut rum cause it's here:D I overdosed on painkillers and my parents took them so I was looking around because I know how us adults are. I can't do them, but someone else can. Just like I can't drink, but others can. I'm just an idiot, but I have thick skin.

Being a man and drinkin' bud light lime. cause I a man, that's what I drink. Remember I drank more beer and liquor than you.

I mom was employee of the month at her work and while everything was a surprise for me. Dad and and I walked in and made it an even bigger surprise. 40 people there or so. Tons of food.
Way too much food. Im so full!

Just finished playing hours of Starcraft. Seeing how long I can spend time browsing the internet before I go back.