The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Trying to master Seitan and Tempah. Gonna try to make fried dumplings (seitan, shiitake mushrooms, baby bok choy, sesame ginger soy sauce) and grilled pomegranate chipotle tempeh (sweet potato gratin, sauteed brussels sprouts, almonds, shallots, mole sauce) with a side of apple fennel salad.

werd. I drank a ton of coffee so I'm ready to go!

Trying to master Seitan and Tempah. Gonna try to make fried dumplings (seitan, shiitake mushrooms, baby bok choy, sesame ginger soy sauce) and grilled pomegranate chipotle tempeh (sweet potato gratin, sauteed brussels sprouts, almonds, shallots, mole sauce) with a side of apple fennel salad.

werd. I drank a ton of coffee so I'm ready to go!

Send me some in the mail! I love seitan and tempeh but am far too lazy to do much with them other than stir fry.

Sitting in Wiscasset reading a speech by Lysias, gazing at snow-covered pine trees and beyond it the Atlantic Ocean.

Meanwhile, in Maine...

I had the Alpine Spring tonight off the tap at a seafood place in New Hampshire tonight. I wasn't too impressed but it was tasty enough.

Send me some in the mail! I love seitan and tempeh but am far too lazy to do much with them other than stir fry.

haha c'mon it's not even that hard. Gimme some red wine and I'm down to cook anything.

Tonight I'm gonna try and make Mushroom Veggie Burgers!

1 1/2 lb mushrooms, roughly chopped (combination of crimini, shiitake, and baby Portobello - Saute the mushrooms, onions and garlic )
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
6 cloves minced garlic
2/3 cup rolled oats (this gives great texture)
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan or dry
3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (this is key)
2 tbsp water mixed with 3 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of baking powder (this replaces eggs)
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

After this I'm going to fast for three days. Just water. It's gonna hurt, man.