The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Not much. I'm getting a tattoo.
106_logo.gif

I guess Xanax is a benzo, which you apparently aren't supposed to drink a whole lot with. I've only been on SSRIs which are pretty alcohol-friendly other than the occasional internal bleeding/black poop. Not sure what is even so bad about that happening every so often.

Lamenting the amount of creamer in my coffee. The Speedway cream dispenser (sounds dirty) was on overdrive this morning.
Also, not working when I should be.

Does Xanax do anything?

it depends

-on your bodyweight
-your initial tolerance to benzos/sedatives the first time you take it
-and how much of a tolerance you've built up by taking Xanax over time
-and your tolerance to Xanax can actually decrese from a lot of things like /stress level/being exhausted/diet/hormonal changes like going trough puberty/menopause and even how much or how little sunlight you get

Nick Diaz is such a tool :lol:

Ughhh that was SO PAINFUL TO WATCH, I can't WAAAAAAAIT to see Hendricks v GSP

Does Xanax do anything? My Zoloft makes as much difference as a multivitamin.

Oh idk. I don't have a script and I just use the single pill I have as a mental placebolike crutch for the rare occasions when I feel mild anxiety. Knowing I have it usually calms me down.

I definitely don't need or want my brain chemistry altered unless I become suicidal or unable to function in daily life.

it depends

-on your bodyweight
-your initial tolerance to benzos/sedatives the first time you take it
-and how much of a tolerance you've built up by taking Xanax over time
-and your tolerance to Xanax can actually decrese from a lot of things like /stress level/being exhausted/diet/hormonal changes like going trough puberty/menopause and even how much or how little sunlight you get
I'm pretty small (165 lbs.) and have no history with benzos. Doesn't seem like a good fit for me for regular use.

Oh idk. I don't have a script and I just use the single pill I have as a mental placebolike crutch for the rare occasions when I feel mild anxiety. Knowing I have it usually calms me down.
I'm leery of just keeping some pills in the back pocket. I remember a low dose of Zoloft giving me nausea, diarrhea, headaches, chills, tremors, panic, and orgasmic dysfunction all on the first day. Most of those effects went away by day 2 or 3, and all of them were gone by week 2. It's certainly possible that some of those effects were lingering from what caused me to see a doctor and take the pills in the first place. Zoloft is supposed to reduce anxiety, but I'm sure it would take a high enough dose to blast most people with so many side effects that it would just make things worse in the short term.

Writing my midterm paper for Business Ethics, answering these questions:

Describe Marx’s position of historical materialism. Explain how it deviates from the philosophical tradition. Why is the claim of materialism linked to historical conditions, and how does this impact the understanding of economy?

Luckily I've been pondering these questions throughout my study of Capital, and I payed enough attention in Economics to write a solid, 3000-level paper on the subject. Just finished exploring the contrast between Keynesian theory and historical materialism, moving on to Smith, Supply-Side, and Rational Expectations afterward, and then I'll be concluding with my own proposed solution to the social issues we've been discussing in class.

Both Smith and Marx based what they wrote on a Labor Theory of Value, which is quite incorrect. You need to read something regarding the Subjective Theory of Value.

Marx doesn't believe that labor possesses some supernatural essence in which value subsists, if that's what you mean. His argument is more complicated than that.