The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Yeah, I used to play football in high school. The only thing that I miss was being routinely forced to work out and get my ass kicked. I'm going with my health-conscious friend who may actually push me to work out. I would not be able to convince myself to go to the gym alone.

I get the feeling I'm going to be the biggest dude there, and the only dude sporting a sleeveless Candlemass T-Shirt lol.

Depends on which time of day you go. Here at UI all the bros go in the middle of the afternoon, which of course is the most convenient time of day to go for most. I end up going then since they don't bother me (unless they're hogging all the weights/not putting them back when finished). I'm 6' 175lbs. so I'm not a little guy at all, but they do make me feel small.

If I was going to go back to the gym I think I'd do a couple of weeks of just cardio and maybe push ups and pull ups at home before I went on to weights.

Suffering, FUCK, I CAN'T FUCKING TAKE IT ANYMORE. Hopefully this Beer will do something.

Great idea. Love how people come up with new ways to make the whole thing exciting. Anyway, I'm being air-deprived as we speak listening to Suffocation's new album, Pinnacle of Bedlam. The tour is coming up quick with Exhumed, Jungle Rot and Rings of Saturn. Sadly, Frank Mullen is quitting after this tour.
The album is a marvel of brutal technical death metal. I mean, these guys go back to '88 for fuck's sake. They really are pivotal. Terence Hobbs is consistently rated as one of the best guitarists in the genre and he certainly doesn't disappoint here ripping off impossible solos and creating dense, complicated structural riffs with cohort Guy Marchais. Frank's vocals are perfect primordial death metal.
There's just so little money in it for these guys that they are forced to find other sources of income. But, there's something absolutely precious in the underground.
Most of us disdain anything resembling pop or commerciality. Not in anyway demeaning great groups that also become successful in the commercial world, but if the masses like something it usually means a certain quality is lacking for most serious music and, specifically, metal freaks. Everybody who appreciates brutal "pre"-technical death metal should really make the effort to see them. How great would that be looking back in 20 years and saying, "yeah, I saw Suffocation, one of the most important bands of the genre". But, not just for that but because you'll be gasping for air, blowing your mind, and perhaps moshing into oblivion. It's about the music and they will deliver, especially if the new album is any indication.

Great idea. Love how people come up with new ways to make the whole thing exciting. Anyway, I'm being air-deprived as we speak listening to Suffocation's new album, Pinnacle of Bedlam. The tour is coming up quick with Exhumed, Jungle Rot and Rings of Saturn. Sadly, Frank Mullen is quitting after this tour.
The album is a marvel of brutal technical death metal. I mean, these guys go back to '88 for fuck's sake. They really are pivotal. Terence Hobbs is consistently rated as one of the best guitarists in the genre and he certainly doesn't disappoint here ripping off impossible solos and creating dense, complicated structural riffs with cohort Guy Marchais. Frank's vocals are perfect primordial death metal.
There's just so little money in it for these guys that they are forced to find other sources of income. But, there's something absolutely precious in the underground.
Most of us disdain anything resembling pop or commerciality. Not in anyway demeaning great groups that also become successful in the commercial world, but if the masses like something it usually means a certain quality is lacking for most serious music and, specifically, metal freaks. Everybody who appreciates brutal "pre"-technical death metal should really make the effort to see them. How great would that be looking back in 20 years and saying, "yeah, I saw Suffocation, one of the most important bands of the genre". But, not just for that but because you'll be gasping for air, blowing your mind, and perhaps moshing into oblivion. It's about the music and they will deliver, especially if the new album is any indication.

...Ooooooookay.

Looking at pictures of cats with laser beams eyes and laughing my ass off. :lol:

Man oh man.

My guitarist and I have been grueling away at booking our CD release show for the last month. Our first choice of a venue finally got back to us today and confirmed. I'm pretty much puking rainbows right now. We double checked with all our studio extras and they'll be joining us on stage. Waiting to hear back from ADAI because we changed the date, but Flight of Sleipnir and Wayfarer are both down.

It was looking like we weren't gonna be able to do this thing for a minute there. We must have courted 16 different venues.

literally the only person in my building today since boss is working from home - taking advantage of this exquisite opportunity to blast Incantation and pick my nose

Eating guacamole and watching adorable videos of puppies like this one

Oh and stoked to see Evoken tomorrow (well technically today!). :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night a couple of my friends got in a cab and the driver had a pit bull puppy in the front seat! D'awwww!

It's finally nice out. Went to the farmer's market and drank coffee and had a pretty decent dump. Gonna go for a long run outside by the river.