The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Getting hypothermia in my room. My poor heater is hopelessly overmatched

You probably mean frostbite. Hypothermia would occur if you were outside playing volleyball for 3 hours in Miami Beach and then walking into a meat locker and staying there for an hour or so. It's going from one extreme to another.

Actually, Hypothermia is when your body starts to cut off blood flow to your extremities to maintain core temperature, and as this happens you begin to feel warmer, even though you are not.

Frostbite is when your flesh freezes and it causes damage to the cells.

You probably mean frostbite. Hypothermia would occur if you were outside playing volleyball for 3 hours in Miami Beach and then walking into a meat locker and staying there for an hour or so. It's going from one extreme to another.
You are totally wrong. Obviously I am not getting frostbite (or hypothermia, it was an exageration). That is, as Rabid said, when your skin is actually damaged. Hypothermia is when your core temperature drops, eventually resulting in death if not treated.

Actually, Hypothermia is when your body starts to cut off blood flow to your extremities to maintain core temperature, and as this happens you begin to feel warmer, even though you are not.

Frostbite is when your flesh freezes and it causes damage to the cells.
:zombie: A correct and relevant post by Rabid