The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Don't you find bombastic, recent, hollywood movies to be kind of dumb in general?

yes
bombastic recent hollywood movies are kinda dumb in general
although dumb not neccassarrily bad

example of a dumb movie not being bad
the Transformers franchise, none of them are ever going to win any kind of award for "best screenplay" but they're still awesome

shiny 50-foot-tall robots destroying Chicago = dumb in an awesome way

I want to see that

Based on the actual plot it was not bad and there was a lot of action. If someone is looking for something engaging and character it would be disappointing, but based on what the movie is about it was good. I did not go see it, but the Iron Man movies are pretty bad, they should be called Robert Downey Jr.

The Boston Marathon is a high profile event with plenty of "vulnerabilities". Much more so than anything in an arena. Regardless who is behind it, big government benefits. Expecting Obama to tie this in to gun control, might even be able to tie it into more money for Big Sis and the MIC if they play it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have confirmed that none of my family or friends in Boston have been seriously affected by the bombings. It's President's Day weekend in Massachusetts/Maine so in addition to the marathon there would be a high volume of people in the city, especially travelling. The airport was shut down and if President's Day were a federal holiday I'd probably be stuck there right now, but luckily I flew out of there yesterday and am safely in Iowa City for one more month.

The Boston Marathon is a high profile event with plenty of "vulnerabilities". Much more so than anything in an arena. Regardless who is behind it, big government benefits. Expecting Obama to tie this in to gun control, might even be able to tie it into more money for Big Sis and the MIC if they play it right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow

Every bad thing that happens is always a government plot to take your freedoms away, isn't it?

اللعنة حتى القرف

قتلت جدتك

لعق كرات بلدي

السوائل أريد المزيد من

Mathiäs;10600616 said:
Every bad thing that happens is always a government plot to take your freedoms away, isn't it?

It's not about whether "it" is a plot. It all most certainly gets utilized for the effect of growing government, whether it's the New Deal, 9/11, Sandy Hook, etc., or whether or not it's the US/US events we are talking about. Governments are pretty interchangeable in this fact, irrespective of nationality or scale.

my buddy's brother was actually in the Boston marathon. As soon as I found out, I texted my friend, and he said his brother had already finished and was back at the hotel showering when the first bomb went off