The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

"i've already explained about the unknown - you don't act when there is an unknown element that can potentially raise the danger level of the situation"

Soooo basically never try anything in your life

Has nothing to do with it. I waste 60 hours a week beating myself up for money. My life kind of sucks. I'm not giving you shit. Like i said, stab me if you have to.

I sorta agree. I bust my ass for what I have. I'm not gonna hand a single penny to a filthy degenerate, unless there is visible and imminent threat to my life.

I pretty much owe my parents everything. They are the greatest people.
My mom and grandpa. But yeah, the same. And I've done some serious being a fuck up, and they still back me. It's almost stupid how many fucks they give. Its like, all the fucks.

Got all teary eyed :(

I'm currently browsin' the ol' internet...Family Guy is on my TV. Fuck TV. But I love Netflix sometimes. I'm getting so fat. I just get baked and eat and watch a movie or listen to music to take up time between eating and stoning. Haha, hopefully I'll start a new job soon. Looking promising. Work helps fatness. I look like a tall Humpty Dumpty crawling in lard. Hahahaha

Mathiäs;10943004 said:
Same. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be able to repay them but it's probably not possible.
I think being happy is the best way to do that.

I've thought I was a failure to my parents for a long time. How do you get the courage to ask your parents if you've let them down? That shit is hard.

Has nothing to do with it. I waste 60 hours a week beating myself up for money. My life kind of sucks. I'm not giving you shit. Like i said, stab me if you have to.

Well unless you carry around a weeks paycheck on a regular basis, I don't see what the problem is. I probably never carry more than $20-30 in cash on me. Cards can be cancelled and some have theft protection. Costs a whole lot more than $30 to go get treated for getting stabbed/shot - if you live. I also will only take a credit card and my DL if I know I might be in a shady area for a bit.

How do you get the courage to ask your parents if you've let them down? That shit is hard.

Unless one is straight reprobate, I don't see how parental opinions should matter. I mean, obviously you would like approval, but if it is being withheld because you haven't fulfilled some sort of vicarious masturbatory fantasy, then fuck it.

In my experience if someone threatens you, he's not gonna stab or shoot you. I wouldn't give him anything, I'm not gonna think count how much would it cost me if I hand over my things, also i carry personal/important stuff in my wallet. Also, I always carry a knife with me, my friend has a telescopic baton etc.
Ok, if I had gun pointed to my head, I won't be a hero but otherwise no, I won't give you anything.

I think being happy is the best way to do that.

I've thought I was a failure to my parents for a long time. How do you get the courage to ask your parents if you've let them down? That shit is hard.

Yeah. Honestly, I doubt most reasonable parents are truly disappointed easily. Unless you're 40 and still leaching off of them and not trying to improve, I'm pretty sure they're still going to be proud of you. I feel bad because I'm 23 and still living at home and they're perfectly okay with it.

Today consists of studying for the GRE and watching football.

Mathiäs;10943156 said:
Yeah. Honestly, I doubt most reasonable parents are truly disappointed easily. Unless you're 40 and still leaching off of them and not trying to improve, I'm pretty sure they're still going to be proud of you. I feel bad because I'm 23 and still living at home and they're perfectly okay with it.

Today consists of studying for the GRE and watching football.

I lived at home until I was almost 25. I think as long as you plan on getting out as soon as it's possible/convenient, they won't care.

Cherish it, though. Living on your own kinda sucks sometimes because of all the responsibility. Also rent.

Mathiäs;10943156 said:
Today consists of studying for the GRE

I can't stress enough the utilization of the practice tests ETS provides. They are pretty comparable to the actual thing.

Re: Living on your own. I don't see what's such a downer about having to handle the billpaying, unless you don't make enough money. A lot of bills can be autopayed even.

Yeah, I've been working out of practice books and the ETS tests. I'm good on everything except the quantitative section, which is unfortunately the most important part of it.

And yeah living at home is fine, and I do not make enough money to feasibly support myself and still be able to commit time to grad school prep. And having a PhD in economics vs just a BA is like a 60k a year differential.

I lived at home until 25. My living situation was good, so I had no real impetus to move out. When I did, it was because my girlfriend and I were at a place in our relationship where we could move in together, so we did. It's worked out. We live within our means, make budgets and shit, and for the first time in a few years, I'm able to actually tuck some money away into savings ($500-$1000 a month)

Mathiäs;10943208 said:
Yeah, I've been working out of practice books and the ETS tests. I'm good on everything except the quantitative section, which is unfortunately the most important part of it.

I only did avg on quantitative. Couldn't teach myself geometry in a couple months. Fortunately that is less important than Verbal for psych.