The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

That's why I hate gifts in general. The moment I am on friendly enough terms that they offer me gifts, is the moment I know I'm in too deep. Not worth the stress.

Just to clarify its not the fact that he gave me a gift. More so that it was really too expensive and ended up being too expensive for him as well, so I offered to pay for the ones that concerned me. Then he gets greedy and tries to dump his tickets on me as well. That's what really pissed me off. Really and truly, if I were another person, none of that is my problem and it was very presumptuous of him to buy those tickets in the first place. If I were in his situation Id try n sell them for cheaper to somebody else instead and not have a person feel obligated to buy those expensive tickets from me When I told my ex even he was pissed and was wondering why this dude he doesn't know bought him an expensive ticket that now he feels obligated to pay for. And it's not like these tickets you can get a refund, either. It's final sale.

I mean I know he's socially awkward, but yeah there really comes a time where that's not an excuse. Fucking post it up on the event page and sell them cheaper.

So this is not proper gift giving. This is giving then taking back then asking the person to pay for it. This is like dweller said --irritating.

Hate being sick too. I have allergies and my eyes keep itching me, but I'm trying not to scratch them. Blah.

Also, since im too lazy to find the bitching and whining thread im just going to bitch here instead. So a friend of mine had bought me and my ex VIP tickets for this year's MDF.....

Well, since you didn't buy the VIP passes you're not obligated to use them. You get a free t-shirt and a couple drink tickets with it, anyway. I don't plan to use mine all the time. They were really a gift for Maddy so I'll let her decide when to use them.

And that's the other thing, you can tag along with us to go backstage instead of with your ex, if you're comfortable doing that. :)

If you want to help someone then ask them what they need. Buying random shit so people get pressured into pretending they're happy about it is a shit idea.

If SS gets it then I know I'm not crazy for being upset.

Jeremy I don't mind hanging with Adam, he's pretty much still my best friend and a great dude. But yeah if I need a break I'll definitely come looking for you guys. :kickass:

Heh I'll probably not use mine all the time either but free drinks? I'll take that. Woot only 4 more days!

Last day of Psycho CA. Been a epic festival. Getting VIP not only gave me free alcohol the whole fest but also the opportunity to meet a lot of bands that played.

Really stoked for today, there have been a lot of really really good performances so far and today is the day I am most stoked for. Wo Fat, Om, Earthless, Pentagram, Truckfighters, Tumbleweed Dealer, and the list goes on...

sometimes i let my cat sleep in the bed but it's always a mistake because it hogs too much space and you can't really cuddle it, it would get squashed

Just now waking up after a late night of drinking with Schmidt, Jeremy, Maddy, their friend Matt, and my brother. A great time that consisted of Maddy tempting me to jump ship in this godforsaken rural hellhole and move to Chicago with her, and me drunkenly trying to explain the philosophy of Francois Laruelle. Pat should have been there.

I have so many comics to sell. No idea what to do with them

You'll never get shit for them unless you got some serious rares in there. Might as well keep the collection and gift it to a kid/ nephew/ nerdy friend who will appreciate all your hard work.

Curious though what's your primary universe(s)?

So Sunday night/Monday morning, I ended up getting so drunk (after having drank the previous two nights before) that I decided rather than go straight to bed after the bar, to have a shower. I puked on myself in the shower, then slipped and fell; my ex-girlfriend had to pull me out, and put me in bed, my bird flopping around and all her friends seeing.

I don't remember this, but if what she told me is true, awesome. I feel a sense of major satisfaction that she had to put time and effort into putting me to bed.

Serves her right for being such a grumpy bitch all the time.

Just now waking up after a late night of drinking with Schmidt, Jeremy, Maddy, their friend Matt, and my brother. A great time that consisted of Maddy tempting me to jump ship in this godforsaken rural hellhole and move to Chicago with her, and me drunkenly trying to explain the philosophy of Francois Laruelle. Pat should have been there.

All you fuckers should be going to MDF.

I just found out yesterday Kris isn't going either...The UM crew is not representing this year. Good thing me and Jeremy Are gonna hold down the fort.

I hope to go next year. It'd be nice to meet you all. I promise I won't pull a drunken stunt like above though. :v

Drunken stunts is what MDF is about! But yeah it'd be great to meet ya! I'm hoping to go next year again too, but i really wanna check out Roadburn just to travel some mores.

Also, I'm sorta in a reflective (and procrastinating doing this coursework since it's really trying my patience) mood right now. So, I took my individuals to this donation based yoga class. The lady at the studio knows me by now, and I usually throw in $20 for my group and the guys do yoga. The guys typically complain when I take them there because they don't like exercising at all, but they have tons of health problems and most are overweight…. but anyways! There's a calming section at the end of the class where everyone is just laying down on the matt and the instructor explains it's a donation based class and all donations are helpful for the studio to remain opened and affordable for people to come.

One of my guys, after class, gave the instructor a hug told her thank you and put $2 in the donation bucket. I was really shocked. Not that i think they are incapable of understanding certain things, but moreso of the fact that i didn't see that coming and that it just proves to me i can't predict what they can and cannot understand. Yes mental retardation there's a slew of possibilities that go under that, but in the long run no one can predict what a person is capable of.

This may seem obvious, but i swear experiencing this is way different than thinking/believing this. I didn't like point out or comment on what the guy did. Just made a mental note to myself, and of course it comes back to me at 3 am in the morning to think more deeply about it.

Haha, yeah. I guess you could say that, Dak.

Damn that was intense!! That bar looked like it was gonna break when all those weights were on it. that must've been like a 1000 pounds. I felt defeated for him... And got a hernia just watching :lol: