The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm fucking jealous. I wish there were more extreme metal gigs close by. Like Ottawa or something. Shame its mostly shitty local deathcore.

Carpe, I want to see pictures of the new place with the decor!

I'm filling out my new teacher application and writing yet another essay/personal statement. This must've been like the bajillionth one. I really hate writing about myself. Just fucking hire me.

I'm currenty doing something like this too, and I fuckin' hate it. I mean, it doesn't matter if you are smart and hardworking, some lazy ass fuck who barely finished high school is gonna look exactly the same on paper.

Related to this, not having driving license sucks. Especially if your job should be related to traffic, logistics and cars overall.

Just got home from a long, hard fucking day at work.
I feel especially dead today, picked up some cds on the way home, a Grand Funk album is the most noteworthy.
Also a package arrived at work for me with a cassette in it, Khan's Barbarian Warriors, good shit.

I'm having another beer. It's 13:07 so I'll probably head to the 24/7 bar.

EDIT: My girl's gonna be liek omg you piece of shit ur drvnk again.

Reviewing Profound Lore's back catalogue. It's been like, 4 years since I've done so, so probs a good time. I need to apply for a new KVLT card pretty soon here so I can start expressing opinions on music. I think mine expired in 2012.

So during pillow talk the other night my girlfriend and I finally got around to the hard subject of my impending unemployment (my contract ends on June 20th). I didn't stress about it this weekend and got a call about one of my dream jobs on Monday morning.

I was going on about unemployment insurance and how I wished I could apply for it early to get ahead of the processing time, and she challenged me not to apply for anything this week and see what happens, and thought that I would have a better time playing Pokemon.

So anyway, I took her up on her challenge, have spent my evenings and free afternoons playing video games and committing myself to contentment, and have two interviews lined up for two lines of work I've been wanting to get into for two years.

I have no idea how this worked out how it did but it's one of the best feelings I've ever had.

Fingers crossed, dude. My partner's in a similar position now, applying to jobs. I'm prepared to adapt to whatever circumstances she ends up in (being an academic makes summers easy for me like that).

So during pillow talk the other night my girlfriend and I finally got around to the hard subject of my impending unemployment (my contract ends on June 20th). I didn't stress about it this weekend and got a call about one of my dream jobs on Monday morning.

I was going on about unemployment insurance and how I wished I could apply for it early to get ahead of the processing time, and she challenged me not to apply for anything this week and see what happens, and thought that I would have a better time playing Pokemon.

So anyway, I took her up on her challenge, have spent my evenings and free afternoons playing video games and committing myself to contentment, and have two interviews lined up for two lines of work I've been wanting to get into for two years.

I have no idea how this worked out how it did but it's one of the best feelings I've ever had.

Perhaps John Belushi has possessed you?

Fingers crossed, dude. My partner's in a similar position now, applying to jobs. I'm prepared to adapt to whatever circumstances she ends up in (being an academic makes summers easy for me like that).

Thanks man. Best of wishes to Madelene. It's a hard knock life looking for work.

But then again maybe the trick is to let the jobs fall on your lap.

So stupid drunk guy story time.

Apparently I had a couple skin tags on my neck that rubbed on my shirt or something. My drunken brain decided a hook blade razor blade (I use these at work) was the ideal removal tool. I "think" I cut the first one off and it went fairly smoothly. My second attempt, according to the mark on my neck sliced directly through the middle of the skin tag and about an inch and a half to two inches down my neck.

My girlfriend noticed this in horror as I was sitting in the living room with blood running down my neck. I did get it to stop bleeding so I guess I won't need stitches or anything...