The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Haha, you used this sentence. We're probably some sort of weird distant relation (unfortunately?).

Maybe. :eek:

My muhsojinee agrees. I can only appreciate female vocals as an accompaniment. Except for In This Moment for certain songs (imafaginorite).

I think we must not be distantly related after all, because this is too different from how I feel.

Some of my favorite female vocalists are Lisa Gerrard, Jarboe, Liz Fraser, Nina Simone and Nico.

Reactions: CiG
Speaking of Ettas, y'all ever see Cadillac Records? Awesome fucking movie. Beyonce Knowles' character and rendition, though probably far from accurate, really hits you in the heart. The scene where they were recording of 'All I could do was cry' ? Damn.

Speaking of Ettas, y'all ever see Cadillac Records? Awesome fucking movie. Beyonce Knowles' character and rendition, though probably far from accurate, really hits you in the heart. The scene where they were recording of 'All I could do was cry' ? Damn.
I've seen it, and just couldn't get through the historical inaccuracy of the movie, just for the sake of making it more interesting. If you're historical movie, make it right or don't make it at all. I hated I Walk The Line though, even if it was kinda accurate, because it portrayted Johnny Cash only as drug and booze addicted asshole, worst person on earth basically.

Between the grocery store to pick up stuff for dinner tomorrow and the liquor store (most grocery stores in MD can't sell beer), it took me an extra 2.5 hours to get home after work.

I've seen it, and just couldn't get through the historical inaccuracy of the movie, just for the sake of making it more interesting. If you're historical movie, make it right or don't make it at all. I hated I Walk The Line though, even if it was kinda accurate, because it portrayted Johnny Cash only as drug and booze addicted asshole, worst person on earth basically.

Did they really do that though? Sounds like you're remembering it without any context whatsoever. They more painted him as someone with many demons and a lot of guilt.

Back home after spending a few nights at my parents. Got drunk as fuck last night tbh. Could barely function.