The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I hope you had a good four years of doing boring math in college.

It was two years since that's when I started getting into my major and how boring a subject is is relative.

Just so you know, history was my best subject in high school and consider myself to be somewhat of a history nerd, but I was realistic when I got into school and knew I wasn't going to go very far with a history degree.

Honestly, I can't really give anyone shit since no one knows how the job market will be in 4 years. There might be a huge demand for History majors (highly unlikely, but you get what I'm saying)

It is wrong to be ambitious or to pursue something because you are passionate about it or it brings you joy. The only correct course of action is to pursue something that will ensure you are employed.

After how many years of experience and how many jobs?
He got into publishing right out of college (he only took a brief course on the subject prior) and has been working for either MIT or Harvard ever since.

It seems like you have to lord over this "well I am realistic and got a job" thing over everyone (Nec and I mostly) who chose to pursue a degree in something they enjoy. It's not like every humanities major is out on the street. I am sure Nec, me and almost everyone else who majored in these areas will get jobs and be much happier as a result.

I majored in something I like though. It just happens to be a major that is VERY in demand right now.

I'm pretty sure I give art majors the most shit though.

My dad gives me shit for having been in the business school and he majored in Chemistry.

Yeah I was mostly at a desk. I worked at my Dad's company. What I did was find old books in their library and scan in the cover, table of contents, jacket description and then post it to their website. It was boring but actually it was very beneficial. I listened to a lot of music and podcasts and you can learn a lot from reading descriptions of scholarly books. If you go on Harvard University Press's website you can see some of my handiwork.

Yeah I was mostly at a desk. I worked at my Dad's company. What I did was find old books in their library and scan in the cover, table of contents, jacket description and then post it to their website. It was boring but actually it was very beneficial. I listened to a lot of music and podcasts and you can learn a lot from reading descriptions of scholarly books. If you go on Harvard University Press's website you can see some of my handiwork.

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad.