The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm chilling on the couch with some contemporary classical in my ears. Not gonna do much else.

Doing compulsory online training modules for work. There’s like 6 modules to do with fucking quizzes at the end and most of them don’t even relate to what I do. I used to be able to click through everything relatively quickly without having to watch the whole lot but some evil fucker has redone the program so that you can’t skip stuff. These are not the good times.

Reactions: Dak
I used to be able to click through everything relatively quickly without having to watch the whole lot but some evil fucker has redone the program so that you can’t skip stuff.

Yeah, worst of times man. I too remember the halcyon days of the clickthrough. Some of them even have timed clicking and responses so you can't read something else while you wait for the video to end.

Doing compulsory online training modules for work. There’s like 6 modules to do with fucking quizzes at the end and most of them don’t even relate to what I do. I used to be able to click through everything relatively quickly without having to watch the whole lot but some evil fucker has redone the program so that you can’t skip stuff. These are not the good times.
Company probably just doesn't want to increase its compliance budget making videos/quizzes specific to every role.

I guess they could just disable certain videos for certain roles... might require paying a programmer to update the software and/or lawyer to do extra compliance review though.

Last edited:
Usually those videos are broadly applicable like "data security" and "don't touch your coworker's bum".
Yep, “privacy”, “bullying”, “how to handle a bomb threat” etc. Most are to do with office settings and I don’t work in an office or with other people. Took me about 2 hours to do them all. That’s my time at home of an evening, unpaid.

Company probably just doesn't want to increase its compliance budget making videos/quizzes specific to every role.

I guess they could just disable certain videos for certain roles... might require paying a programmer to update the software and/or lawyer to do extra compliance review though.
I’m pretty sure it’s just lazy management. “Just get them to do them all”.

Reactions: Dak
Took me about 2 hours to do them all.

I’m pretty sure it’s just lazy management. “Just get them to do them all”.

Even though the company that sold it probably said it would count for way longer.

It's CYA management. Now, if you touch a coworker's bum, and the management has a microphone shoved in their face they can be like "I have no idea how this happened!!! All of our employees had 6 hours of high quality intensive training on no bum touching." Saw this repeatedly occur in the military.

I'm in my office right now and a guy in the neighboring lab, an Egyptian, is currently watching some kind of Arabic film very loudly, and it has this really badass lo-fi electronic soundtrack that sounds like the first Suicide album crossed with the prayer music he usually listens to, which perfectly accentuates the screams of some Arab woman apparently being chased by foot by some presumably-swarthy Hitler-sounding dude. Now it's stopped and there's just some guy whispering in a spooky manner. I need to get into Meccawood, this shit sounds awesome.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
Has anyone ever been asked to do something unethical at work, where the order comes directly from the president of the company?

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessHades
One of the pharmacies I briefly worked for filled a lot of questionable prescriptions for opiates. A new pharmacist who was brought to the pharmacy right before I was hired started rejecting a lot of them for obvious reason, e.g. Oxycodone 30mg 120 tablets as a one month supply of which we would see multiple per day, and she was told by district management after our prescription count dropped that month that it wasn't our job to be the drug police and pressured her to start fill more. I jumped ship and went back to my old company pretty quick. It's for exactly this reason that CVS doesn't count Schedule II controlled substances in the rating metrics for pharmacies.

Haven't had a chance to express my concerns yet, been in meetings all day, but the day has felt surreal and I think I might update my resume. If at this early in the company (1.5yr) I'm being asked to do this IDK what I may be asked down the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
It's a shame because I have really been so happy here and I like everyone. Had every intention of sticking around a long time.