The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

8.30am sunday.

i prefer nadal tbh, especially these days when he's more aggressive and fun to watch. always been in awe of the guy, i'm not convinced he's human.

you're right i was exaggerating a bit, but i think there's a good chance there won't be a comparable era in that period of time, given that this is only the second time it's happened in the 50+ year open-era (and arguably never to quite this extent).

anyways, i'm quite interested in the women's final too. a really feel-good tournament this time around, whoever wins will be a nice story. if it's osaka, she gets her second slam in a row and puts to rest memories of the serena debacle, and if it's kvitova it'll be the first slam of her 'second career' since she got stabbed in the hand by a knife-wielding maniac.

I don’t even think it’s that much of an exaggeration. The grand slam records these 3 men have achieved (obvs including Federer here) are downright absurd. It’s almost a shame they had to exist in the same era, because if it was only one of them just imagine how many more titles they’d have!

Of course for us spectators it’s been a blessing that they’ve existed together, as it’s made it more competitive and brought us some incredible matches.

Personally, I think it’ll be many, many years before another player like Federer comes along, if ever in our lifetime. He’s clearly a cut above the other two. More consistently great and a more intelligent player I’d say.

I don’t even think it’s that much of an exaggeration. The grand slam records these 3 men have achieved (obvs including Federer here) are downright absurd. It’s almost a shame they had to exist in the same era, because if it was only one of them just imagine how many more titles they’d have!

the one i feel sorry for is murray lol. would've won close to 10 slams in the majority of other eras in my opinion, and i think the statistics back that up.

I prefer Nadal and would possibly watch the final if it was him against someone else but I can't stand Jocker, he's an arrogant prick and although he has improved since he won his first Aus Open I still can't stand his attitude (more so off the court).

He's nowhere near as bad as our own poster boy who blames everyone else but himself for what happens on the court and I'd happily shoot Tomic out of a cannon before I shot Jocker from the same canon, but the sooner Jocker injurers himself and ends his career the better tennis will be.

There might not be two players exactly like Nadal and Jocker but I still think we will have champions comparable in the coming years. I don't know how long it will take for a changing of the guard but the younger players are being taught well and I think there good potential for there to be better than what we have now in the near future.

the one i feel sorry for is murray lol. would've won close to 10 slams in the majority of other eras in my opinion, and i think the statistics back that up.

You’re correct, of course. He certainly would have done. But I’ve never been a fan of Murray tbh. On court or off. His game just doesn’t excite me. Doesn’t have that killer shot. Like the Gasquet backhand, Wawrinka backhand or the Federer forehand.

Regarding the women, I used to be more into it than I am now. It’s almost always a lobsided affair. Preferred it when it was players like Seles, Pierce, Davenport, Henin, Clijsters, Hingis, etc. And I’ve always quite like Serena. Speaking of Mary Pierce, Jesus Christ could she smash the ball.

Seles had her career ruined with a stabbing, nevermind Kvitova. Her grand slam trajectory was insane before she got stabbed. Was never the same after.

Last edited:
yeah his tennis doesn't particularly thrill me either.

have you seen nadal recently, though? he's really adapted his game to a more aggressive approach now, has a greater repertoire of shots, deliberately shortens points at times. it's the main reason he's prolonged his career and it's kind of crazy he's stayed at such a high level while doing that. he's definitely a subtler and more adaptable player than i used to give him credit for. makes a lot of smart decisions depending on who his opponent is, too.

and yeah i agree about the women, we've been waiting for a strong era for a while now. seems like top players come and go very quickly, no real sustained run of high level tennis (aside from the williams sisters of course, and i guess sharapova to a point).

yeah his tennis doesn't particularly thrill me either.

have you seen nadal recently, though? he's really adapted his game to a more aggressive approach now, has a greater repertoire of shots, deliberately shortens points at times. it's the main reason he's prolonged his career and it's kind of crazy he's stayed at such a high level while doing that. he's definitely a subtler and more adaptable player than i used to give him credit for. makes a lot of smart decisions depending on who his opponent is, too.

I haven’t seen him play recently actually. I’ll be looking out for this in the final. I’m also surprised his career has lasted so long as well because he’s always been such a physical player - the amount of spin he puts on the ball is ridiculous and looks like it exerts a huge amount of effort. I always thought that would take its toll and that he’d only be at the top of the game until 30 at the most.

yeah, same. and i mean... he was done. repeatedly. his knees were fucked and he was having surgeries and botched comebacks, murray-style, and yet years later he's back at his best again? it's bizarre. i mean he's probably roiding or whatever but still lol

the longevity of federer and djokovic makes more sense to me. federer is as technical/non-physical as it's possible to be as a top 3 player nowadays, and djokovic is just this ultra flexible obsessive fitness guru.

aaaaaand latest drama thread cleaned. I hope it's ok that I post this here and do not intend for this post to put further flame on the fire. I just want to clear the record on this for those who saw everything, as TB falsely posted personal information of somebody, and the thread was closed before I could post this:

I shot Omni a message about it. I didn't inquire about details because it's her business, but TB's off-mark and unintentionally doxxing somebody else. She's not able to post at the moment though--she's been off the board for over a month fwiw, so this whole affair is way out of the blue. I didn't follow-up on anything and just sent her well wishes.

And, no, I'm not in some sort of in-crowd conspiracy. We're friends on FB because we have a mutual friend from where I grew up in Southern Maryland and FB recommended me to her for a friend request. I haven't hidden my identity here, so she recognized me. The mutual friend writes and plays traditional metal and has promoted himself on online communities for that purpose for a long time, hence how they befriended each other.

yeah, same. and i mean... he was done. repeatedly. his knees were fucked and he was having surgeries and botched comebacks, murray-style, and yet years later he's back at his best again? it's bizarre. i mean he's probably roiding or whatever but still lol

the longevity of federer and djokovic makes more sense to me. federer is as technical/non-physical as it's possible to be as a top 3 player nowadays, and djokovic is just this ultra flexible obsessive fitness guru.

Well... wasn’t even close.

aaaaaand latest drama thread cleaned. I hope it's ok that I post this here and do not intend for this post to put further flame on the fire. I just want to clear the record on this for those who saw everything, as TB falsely posted personal information of somebody, and the thread was closed before I could post this:

I shot Omni a message about it. I didn't inquire about details because it's her business, but TB's off-mark and unintentionally doxxing somebody else. She's not able to post at the moment though--she's been off the board for over a month fwiw, so this whole affair is way out of the blue. I didn't follow-up on anything and just sent her well wishes.

And, no, I'm not in some sort of in-crowd conspiracy. We're friends on FB because we have a mutual friend from where I grew up in Southern Maryland and FB recommended me to her for a friend request. I haven't hidden my identity here, so she recognized me. The mutual friend writes and plays traditional metal and has promoted himself on online communities for that purpose for a long time, hence how they befriended each other.

Oh you messaged the Judith account which has zero personal information or photos on it, and "she" assured you it's all lies? Well that settles it then.

nothing i posted was false. Not a single thing. Omni himself has even tried giviing me his explanations for lying, like he did earlier today and got caught up on another lie and had to once again apologize for it. But sure, since you know .... me and him actually talk. Dumb jew.

but im pretty sure you bought into his, "that wasnt me that just happened to be my twin brother which is why we were born on the same day, have the same family, grew up in the same city, live in the same house, work the same job at the same location, share wives, have identical taste in music, movies and games" that was until i pointed out that the brother he was claiming to be and the person he said he is are actually from different mothers(twins? lmao), which again made him admit that he was once again lying about that too. But yeah, leave it to a dumb nutriding jew like yourself to think you got something right.

Last edited:
Wow, anti-semitic much?
NBvpNu.gif

i don't honestly give a damn what gender omni is (i thought trans female, i guess in reality just wannabe trans female?) and idgaf about people lying about themselves on the internet either, but i can't deny this shit is pretty funny lol. it's not like omni has the moral high ground re: this kind of thing so i'm not gonna like pity him/her/it/them/zur/ze/unicorn. i hope i never piss off TB to this extent though, that is one extensive rar file :rofl: i like to think you have one on every GMD regular.