The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

krow and krig still post pretty regularly. lots of people have either completely fucked off or hardly ever post though: carpe mortem, baroque, the butt, funerary_doom, yoda, phylactery, hbb, serjeant grumbles, unknown, eternalmetal, vilden, satanstoenail, etcetc

Reactions: EspaDa
krow and krig still post pretty regularly. lots of people have either completely fucked off or hardly ever post though: carpe mortem, baroque, the butt, funerary_doom, yoda, phylactery, hbb, serjeant grumbles, unknown, eternalmetal, vilden, satanstoenail, etcetc

Oh, I miss those nicknames. Baroque is gone? oh noo, he was cool. Vilden was cool as well, phylactery and butt too. Ehhh the era of social media is ruining erverything man

i'd start a new game despite the fact that there are so few of us. But since there are so few of us, we have to agree on some game framework and the band/album that we all feel in the mood of listening to again. For example, right now I am on a great Judas Priest/Motorhead kick and it has been like that for a while. I would feel no urge to listen to Blind Guardian for instance at all atm.

there are quite a few other active people, like bloopy, arg, opeth17, challenge_everything, dwellerinthedark, burkhard, radicalthrasher, sophii/terasophe, probably some others i'm forgetting. at some point i might actually try recruiting some people to this board, kinda doubt it'd work too well but it's worth a try.

i'd join in with something. you can't really do anything interesting with bands like priest and motorhead that we haven't already done though. maybe some kind of full discog or multi-album song survivor, but HBB tried that with satan one time and nobody bothered. maybe an album survivor, don't think we've tried that before. i guess the results would be predictable for some bands and it's also a bit too similar to the discog ranking games. hell we could even do a riff survivor for some albums, RiB would be fun for example. i feel like i enjoy these survivor games more than most do though.

aside from that there's always the mixtape game, we could do with freshening that up somehow though. could probably do a few that are based around country rather than lyrical themes. i'd still like to see some polls for top ten albums from countries as well, and the other decade polls. depends if anyone can be bothered to run them lol.

anyone got any bright ideas for other games we haven't done before? i do want to avoid stuff where i'm forced to listen to a bunch of bad albums or tons of albums by the same band in a row, it's just too exhausting which is why i keep ending up not participating in the discog rankings.

im up for anything actually. the only thing is that we have to agree on some band/album that actually people will want to listen to. sometimes when I see a band I barely even know or am aware that it doesnt interest me much I just stop caring.

i mean, we literally did a democratic vote to decide the discography ranking threads, there isn't really a better way of gauging collective interest than that lol

can do since the BG one died, but again i prob won't participate in a lot of them for the reasons i said. plus we've already done priest and motorhead ;)

i'd start a new game despite the fact that there are so few of us. But since there are so few of us, we have to agree on some game framework and the band/album that we all feel in the mood of listening to again. For example, right now I am on a great Judas Priest/Motorhead kick and it has been like that for a while. I would feel no urge to listen to Blind Guardian for instance at all atm.

I've been listening to a lot of 90s Gotherburg/Melodic death metal

Go ahead, call me a faggot, I couldn't care less. Just makes me feel a bit nostalgic about a certain period in my life and gets me in my feelings when I'm driving to work.

i'd still like to see some polls for top ten albums from countries as well, and the other decade polls. depends if anyone can be bothered to run them lol.

anyone got any bright ideas for other games we haven't done before? i do want to avoid stuff where i'm forced to listen to a bunch of bad albums or tons of albums by the same band in a row, it's just too exhausting which is why i keep ending up not participating in the discog rankings.
I'm happy to run some more polls. Guess we're up to the 90s for decades, but anyone who missed the 70s & 80s threads could go back and see how their lists compare to the results. I'll get the Gorguts ranking started sometime too since that's a nice small discography and we were gonna do it next anyway. Should any Gorguts EPs/demos be included?

I liked the 10 Song Shuffle Game. Might bump it if nobody else does. The mixtape games never interested me, but if it was something like searching Bandcamp for obscure tracks on a theme from bands we've never heard before it might. Probably the opposite of what anyone else would enjoy though if the bands are likely to be obscure for a reason.