The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Fuckin' Philly, baby. [/Jedi Mind Tricks]
accent.jpg

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I suppose the Philly accent is accurate for me, but I should make it clear that I don't have one of those full-on, hardcore Philly accents. I don't say "wooder" for "water", "begels" for "bagels", "iggles" for "eagles", "mayan" for "mine", and I sure as shit don't say "yous" (as in "yous guys better not steal all my fuckin' tastycakes!").

I do, however, struggle with the word "south". It just feels more natural to say "salth".

This is what I do not understand. I assume web page determines your IP address, breaks it down and determines what part of the country you're accessing the internet from. It then claims you have that region's accent. This theory holds true except for you. If you're in Maine then how the fuck did it determine that you have a midland accent?

This is what I do not understand. I assume web page determines your IP address, breaks it down and determines what part of the country you're accessing the internet from. It then claims you have that region's accent. This theory holds true except for you. If you're in Maine then how the fuck did it determine that you have a midland accent?
I was raised in Connecticut.

North Central
More or less accurate - I live 100 yards from Boston but my parents are from New York and my dad grew up in Chicago so I have a generic Northern accent...

See, all the pics work with me, so I can only come to the most obvious logical conclusion about this "linking" problem others seem to have: I am vastly superior to most of the posters here.

That or waffleimages is only reading my cache folder.

(I prefer the former statement).