The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Planning a drunk night. My father left half a bottle of wine, and full bottles of brandy, amaretto, kahlua and frangelico in the liquor cabinet. Though the drinking age in my house is 18, I'm not supposed to drink when my folks aren't here. But given the inventory, I'll be able to fuck myself up without a noticeable drop in reserves. And my father swore off hard liquor to help lose weight, and my mother almost never drinks. So basically the entire liquor cabinet is mine at their consent.

Can I move in with you?

writing, drinking a weird beer, and listening to enslaved.

samurai ale... unfiltered ale with rice and barley malts. the rice gives it an odd taste, which starts off a little sweet and then just tastes... weird!
~gR~

i just got a last.fm account and am now wondering how i make one of them fancy little boxes in my sig that shows all the sweet music i listen to.

:lol: Fucking lol.

I'm turning 18 next week. I can legally drink before you can.

It's to my understanding that there's no drinking age for wine and beer, but there is for hard liquor. It's 16 in Germany I believe. So it's that high in the UK?

Mathiäs;7299674 said:
Most beers fucking suck.

The only beers I liked were the ones I had in Europe, but even then I preferred to order wine.

Yeah, generally being drunk is a lot more fun in a social environment.

Too isolated. I enjoy the solitude, but obviously having some friends around would be better. When I start sophomore year of college I will be going to many more parties.

I just had dinner and finished the bottle of wine. A bit buzzed, and will hit the hard stuff in about a half hour.

Last time I posted drunk was a week ago and I was "bringing the lulz" as you said. Keep your fingers crossed.

But my favorite part about being drunk is listening to metal albums in an altered state of consciousness.

It's to my understanding that there's no drinking age for wine and beer, but there is for hard liquor. It's 16 in Germany I believe. So it's that high in the UK?

Fraid not :(

You're allowed to drink at whatever age under your parents supervision at home. Then at 17 you're allowed an alcholic drink with your meal. And finally at 18 you're allowed whatever.

In holland it's something like anything under 10% at 16 then anything at 18.

I see. When I went to Europe last summer I had a beer or glass of wine with every meal, and I was in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, France and Belgium. I had several beers in Poland the night I went bar-hopping with (M)aggot. I also ordered vodka in Poland, with no asking of ID. I was 18 at the time.

My mom has a bottle of port, which she got as a gift from a friend, at her house. It's some Australian brand - Jonesy, I think. I was amazed at how sweet it was. It was the first wine I've ever had that I actually enjoyed the taste of. I need to hunt down a bottle of that stuff for myself sometime.

I'm not a fan of sweet wines. Port, Sherry, plum wine. Too sweet. I get the same reaction from rum. But hey, if that's all there is, I'll take it.

Stuff like Port and Triple Sec are better for cooking than drinking.