The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

lol at an Englishman dropping English

It is A level to be fair. I already have my GCSE which is the only level of English qualification I'm going to need for any of the degrees I might want to do. I should still get an AS level in it.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< FULL EXPLANATION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

English qualifications.

They are different in the other countries in the UK for the sake of being awkward and because that's what it's like in the UK.

SATS: one in maybe year 3 of primary(first compulsory schooling ages 3 or 4 to 11) and again in year 6

graded 3-6

Further SATS take place in secondary school (compulsory schooling ages 12 - 16) but seeing as they are not qualifications that exist outside of the school itself I won't go into that. They are levelled 3-8 I think.

GCSE (general certificate of secondary education) compulsory qualifications generally taken in the last two compulsory years of secondary school. Graded E-A* A* being the highest E being the lowest that is regarded as a grade. U is the letter given if not enough marks were obtained to get an E but a U to does not count as a GCSE.

Generally 5 GCSEs at grades C-A* are asked for if you want to do A levels. A levels are the qualifications needed to do a degree (an honours degree).

They are graded E-A* also. The grades in A levels make up UCAS points (as do other qualifications you can take, for example some vocational ones).

Universities will ask for you to have, for example ABB with an A in Chemistry to do a chemistry degree, or they might just put a certain number of UCAS points, and maybe specify some of the subjects (they may also ask for you to have certain GCSEs, Maths and English are often required for degrees).

There that hopefully gave you a rough idea. I may have been slightly inaccurate but that's definitely the general idea :p

Being mildly intrigued by this post on metallicas official site about a rumoured Metallica guitar hero

An all Metallica Guitar Hero game . . . fact or fiction? Idle internet gossip, wishful thinking, or the real deal? Let's just say that perhaps, just maybe, if you've already mastered "One" on GHIII there might be a pile of 'Tallica songs in your future.

More details later this summer . . .

I would actually buy that, as opposed to the Aerosmith game.

Going through the pics thread (again) since my sister has the tv and is most likely going to watch shit.