The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< FULL EXPLANATION >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

English qualifications.

They are different in the other countries in the UK for the sake of being awkward and because that's what it's like in the UK.

SATS: one in maybe year 3 of primary(first compulsory schooling ages 3 or 4 to 11) and again in year 6

graded 3-6

Further SATS take place in secondary school (compulsory schooling ages 12 - 16) but seeing as they are not qualifications that exist outside of the school itself I won't go into that. They are levelled 3-8 I think.

GCSE (general certificate of secondary education) compulsory qualifications generally taken in the last two compulsory years of secondary school. Graded E-A* A* being the highest E being the lowest that is regarded as a grade. U is the letter given if not enough marks were obtained to get an E but a U to does not count as a GCSE.

Generally 5 GCSEs at grades C-A* are asked for if you want to do A levels. A levels are the qualifications needed to do a degree (an honours degree).

They are graded E-A* also. The grades in A levels make up UCAS points (as do other qualifications you can take, for example some vocational ones).

Universities will ask for you to have, for example ABB with an A in Chemistry to do a chemistry degree, or they might just put a certain number of UCAS points, and maybe specify some of the subjects (they may also ask for you to have certain GCSEs, Maths and English are often required for degrees).

There that hopefully gave you a rough idea. I may have been slightly inaccurate but that's definitely the general idea :p

That doesn't apply to me as Scotland's education system shits all over that ;)

Eying my fridge suspiciously to see if my roomie moves in on my food.

Hide behind it.
And then jump out and be like OHBIATCH. And then she can grab a breadknife and you can grab a baguette and be like "wat" and a humourous but deadly battle can occur.

:lol: Thats funny you saying that, because he said to me today "Are you on that bloody forum again or are you actually working."

Awesome :lol:

Watching Varg documentary on youtube.

Link?

And listening to Battalions of Fear.
Speed/power haters can fuck themselves.
This album is fucking awesome.