The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

ok charlie

I won't call you that. I was just joking about and if you put the link to your myspace then yeah I might click on it and if the first comment on it says 'hi Lauren' then I might just guess.

I'm not stalking you and I don't actually fancy you I just like teasing and so on it's funny.

haha I'm not mad, no worries :)
I was teasing too.
But I really do hate the name Lauren.

Dig it? Criticism welcomed.

Lyrics so far:

doom across the way
can you see him, see his face?
standing next to you
his hands, reaching through...

can you see his face?
doom has come to chase
give up your feeble life for doom

run, run away
try as you may
never will you escape from doom

this unholy night has your soul
it has gripped you tight, it's in control
wreaking havoc on your trembling mind
leaving you among the dead mankind

Cheesy but what the hell.

Yeah I purposely mixed them a little quieter, both because my voice isn't amazing and because I felt that at higher volume than they are they'd clash with the clarity of Damian's (awesome) riffing.

I agree. turn that shits up son/andy! I like the new verse. Plus, it nicely hides the sloppiness of my playing during that part :lol:
The drums can be turned up, and the vox a little bit too.

Today I got my mother fucking Boss HM-2 pedal that I bought on Ebay on Wednesday. For those of you that don't know, this is a distortion pedal you use with a guitar, and it is essentially the essence of the "Sunlight Studios" guitar tone. They stopped making this pedal in '91, and I bought it for $33. pwnage imfo

Will post sound clips tonight probably.

Dig it? Criticism welcomed.

Lyrics so far:

doom across the way
can you see him, see his face?
standing next to you
his hands, reaching through...

can you see his face?
doom has come to chase
give up your feeble life for doom

run, run away
try as you may
never will you escape from doom

this unholy night has your soul
it has gripped you tight, it's in control
wreaking havoc on your trembling mind
leaving you among the dead mankind

Cheesy but what the hell.

It's adequate, though, and fits the music. Anyway, it's not like your audience is going to be the Oxford University English department.

That song is pretty fucking badass, btw. I'm impressed. My token suggestion is to make the drums more splashy (cymbal-heavy) for the fast part.

Finishing up a sample of a song Damian/Melodeath and I are randomly working on called "Doom Across The Way"...as the title implies, it's in the style of trad-doom and epic metal. It is him on guitar and me on vocals and drum programming.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/150898299d8835b2/

Enjoy! Feedback wanted.

EDIT: I have decided that the name of this project will be Arbiter. Who knows what else we'll do when this is done.

Pretty cool. Reminds me a lot of Internal Void, especially from the vocals.

V's thing is cool.

Looking for my fucking camera cable. Where the fuck did it go? I wanna go play Diablo II but I can't leave until I've defended my manhood by proving my copy of ITNE is really an original pressing. I may have to wait until my mom gets back and ask her. I WILL FIND IT!

Just canceled my Eve Online subscription, after eight months and $112.60 in fees. It runs out next Saturday. I still like the game and all, but it's just too time-intensive, and not nearly as rewarding per unit of play time as a lot of other games. It's been months since I've played it on anywhere near a regular basis.

It's adequate, though, and fits the music. Anyway, it's not like your audience is going to be the Oxford University English department.

+1. I (and probably a lot of other people) don't care about lyrics as long as the music is good or the lyrics are really really stupid.