The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

reading Worlds Fair by E.L. Doctorow
it isnt badly written for the most part, just a tad bit dull in some sections

im pissed because i argued for about half an hour today with my guidance mentor-person to switch me out of Italian and into Latin. I can't stand Italian and the best part is i'd be in Latin with my friend who is a beast with Latin. beast meaning insanely into and good at. Anyhow, they arent switching me, which angers me because i'm not doing well in Italian and for some reason i cant seem to (no matter how much i study) get any better

i know! and the class i want to switch into only has 12 kids in it. thats it, there is plenty of room, but she says it wouldnt be a good move for colleges to switch languages after two years. Fuck, its not good for college's to see that i failed a language after two years of taking it either:Smug:

im really thinking of complaining about my guidance counselor...shes too absorbed planning her wedding that thats all she ever talks about or pays attention to anymore, everytime i go in there something is being said about her soon to be husband. FUCK YOUR HUSBAND, this is my future and she's not fucking helping me

Not necessarily. If you become a Latin teacher like Zephyrus wants to, your statement applies more to Calculus than Latin. Plus you get plenty of Roman history along with it.

Well, yea, being a latin teacher it's very useful, but it's not going to help if you want to do, say, computer science.

Calculus is actually used quite a bit outside of school.

I know, everything you learn in school has the potential to be useful later in life. That is partially why it is a good idea to take a wide variety of classes in high school. I myself, although definitely a history/liberal arts person, took computer programming for two years in high school.

realizing how much time i spend on this forum and the computer....and being horrified by that

i cant help but love UM though

and im writing a new song, im at a mental road block though and too freaked out about showing my songs to anyone to actually ask for help with it..oh well

watching some movie with Billy Bob Thorton

who is possibly the least talented actor....ever