The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Do you like or have you ever read Arthur C. Clarke?

Imo one of the best science fiction authors.

Childhood's End absolutely blew me away. Of the four or so novels of Clarke's that I've read, it's the most "human". I always got the feeling Clarke was more interested in ideas rather than character development

William Gibson's material has always been my jam.

William Gibson is the fucking shit. Neuromancer is amazing, but Pattern Recognition is even better, in my opinion. Just an awesome writer.

Childhood's End absolutely blew me away. Of the four or so novels of Clarke's that I've read, it's the most "human". I always got the feeling Clarke was more interested in ideas rather than character development

Childhood's End and Rendezvous With Rama are two phenomenal books.

Science fiction in general privileges ideas and plot over character. I don't read this as a flaw, merely a placement of generic value. Lots of modernist literature privileges character and abandons plot. Hell, Ulysses is about two men wandering around Dublin for a day.

I was looking through my CDs and I realized that I potentially have dozens that I don't really want. Maybe I should give them away.

Haha. I knew a guy with a .50 Barrett sniper rifle. Thing was more fun to watch it be shot than to shoot.
at least with the rifle you can actually hold it. the DE was massive, and I dont exactly have tiny hands. probably normal sized.
also it wasnt ergonomic at all. sharp lines all over it. My hands hurt after the first couple rounds.

I just want out for fried duck and waffles.

Sooo good. Just want to rewind and eat it all over again.

Now this interests me. Reminds me of a friend of mine who posted a series of foie gras abominations on Instagram after some of our buddies started priding themselves as gourmets, posting their brunches and shit. Chocolate-covered foie gras, deep fried foie gras, etc. Purely for trolling purposes.

About to put some finishing touches on my Fulbright application before doing a write-up on Kant's eurocentrism in his writings on history.

I got a blast of nostalgia when I got home from class. Back in high school, a friend and I put together a couple of songs that incorporated elements of slam and black metal, and he just discovered it found its way onto a slam compilation on Youtube.