The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm going to have to hit an LP store sometime. Nice on the Joplin, mine's Vol. 1.

Any modern music?

Kind of: there was the soundtrack for 2001: A Space Odyssey, which includes a couple of works by Ligeti. I was pretty shocked to come across that. I was able to pick up a some "modern" LPs a few years ago because a local college was giving them away for free. That haul included 2 works by Ives, Schoenberg's Serenade, Penderecki's Threnody, some Ligeti, and a few works by Stockhausen. I also have a recording of Bernstein conducting Charles Ives's Holidays Symphony, which is awesome and not available digitally.

Any modern music?

I'm going to have to hit an LP store sometime. Nice on the Joplin, mine's Vol. 1.

Kind of: there was the soundtrack for 2001: A Space Odyssey, which includes a couple of works by Ligeti. I was pretty shocked to come across that. I was able to pick up a some "modern" LPs a few years ago because a local college was giving them away for free. That haul included 2 works by Ives, Schoenberg's Serenade, Penderecki's Threnody, some Ligeti, and a few works by Stockhausen. I also have a recording of Bernstein conducting Charles Ives's Holidays Symphony, which is awesome and not available digitally.

edit, on the modern: I just noticed that a Horowitz performance I picked up includes some Scriabin sonatas. Sweeeeeeet.

hericane_by_julie_bell_by_deevelliott-d4o1iie.jpg

fail!
They are starting to build one here. This city is so excited!

Yea, my asshole straight erupted last night. I'm going with their grilled chicken club from now on. It's just as good as the spicy chicken deluxe, and it doesnt give me the shits. One of my buddies was saying it's probably because they use peanut oil in their fried chicken. I dunno

Sweet, that's really all i want. Bring on the chips n' dips! Is the "hurricane" bad where you are? It's just windy and rainy here, but nothing too severe.

My current haul is half eaten but really, these junk food hauls are like parties. An old one:

c6107a8c-71cd-4ec4-8f9c-890296ecfb31_zpsbwx1l3be.jpg