The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

this is what cigarette packaging looks like in the UK now. grossness alert:

composite-smoking.jpg

IMG_7846-800px.jpg

cigarettes-comp.jpg

i can't find it but the pic of a baby smoking is pretty funny.

Do you smoke?

I can't find my favourite one but it's one about smoking causing impotence and it has a picture of a naked man curled up in the foetal position on a bed :lol:. But yeah most of them are disgusting and I wish I didn't have to look at them when I buy a pack.

oh yeah lmao, that one's fun. nah i don't smoke myself, never have. i thank my lucky stars these days. how can you afford to buy cigarettes in the UK in 2017?!

I can't afford it, it's ridiculous. I quit for 11 months about 2 years ago and I'm so disappointed in myself that I started again. Going to try vaping I think as it's much cheaper and doesn't smell as bad.

I felt much better when I quit smoking, and it sounds weird but I also felt I had much more time in each day, as I wasn't taking out 5 minutes every hour or two for a smoke.

for those who don't live in the uk, imagine paying 15+ US dollars for a pack of 20. actually before brexit killed the value of the pound it would've been approaching 20 dollars for the priciest brands. i know people who smoke in the region of 40 or 60 a day, i can't even fathom having that much disposable income to waste on that shit. they've also now banned packs with less than 20 in (and less than 30g pouches).

this is what cigarette packaging looks like in the UK now. grossness alert:

composite-smoking.jpg

IMG_7846-800px.jpg

cigarettes-comp.jpg

i can't find it but the pic of a baby smoking is pretty funny.
They're like that here, I think we were the first to bring them in.
IMG_8494.JPG

Also Thai warning labels made me laugh when I was there last
IMG_1086.JPG
I think this means don't smoke near children but the look of pure ignorant bliss on his face isn't really hammering the point home

I can get through 40 in a day if I'm on a night out. I always smoke a lot when I'm out boozing, but I can't imagine smoking 60! Your lungs must be screaming in protest the next day.

I can't afford it, it's ridiculous. I quit for 11 months about 2 years ago and I'm so disappointed in myself that I started again. Going to try vaping I think as it's much cheaper and doesn't smell as bad.

I felt much better when I quit smoking, and it sounds weird but I also felt I had much more time in each day, as I wasn't taking out 5 minutes every hour or two for a smoke.
Vaping is massively cheaper, cost me about $35 a month once I started ordering refillable ones online (versus buying ~15 packs a month). A lot of smokers don't like it cause it's "not the same" but that didn't bother me.

I did end up vaping more often than smoking, cause it's easier to do indoors, but ultimately that smoothed out my rate of intake (i.e. lots of quick puffs throughout the day, instead of a lot more nicotine at one time with a cigarette) which made it easier to switch to patches and eventually quit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phylactery
Fresh, unsmoked marijuana smells good. Weed-sweat leaking from some bum's pores into his shitty hoodie is repulsive.

Stop hanging around dirty hippies and jobless skaters and you shouldnt have this problem. Sloppy losers like that just make average guys who like to enjoy weed look bad. Then again I went to uni, so most of the potheads ive associated with were normal people who werent just older high school deviants.

Personally I love the second-hand smell of burning marijuana the best. To me it is just a nostalgic smell of good times.

I can get through 40 in a day if I'm on a night out. I always smoke a lot when I'm out boozing, but I can't imagine smoking 60! Your lungs must be screaming in protest the next day.

I guess it depends on your perspective. Just the idea of smoking 2 packs in one day makes my lungs hurt. Any day ive ever smoked a pack in a single day I was hurting the next day. This is from the perspective of someone who was never much worse than a half a pack a day smoker. Lately ive dropped the habit and picked up vaping, and my lungs feel much better.

Well 40 isn't a normal occurance. Just if I happen to go out. I'll smoke my usual 15-20 during the day and then I can get through a pack on the night out. When I quit smoking I did notice that my hangovers were far less severe, though. Another reason to kick in the filthy habit. Also, after quitting and starting again I can no longer smoke normal cigarettes, they disgust me. I can only smoke menthols which is weird.

I think I'll give vaping a shot.

Well 40 isn't a normal occurance. Just if I happen to go out. I'll smoke my usual 15-20 during the day and then I can get through a pack on the night out. When I quit smoking I did notice that my hangovers were far less severe, though. Another reason to kick in the filthy habit. Also, after quitting and starting again I can no longer smoke normal cigarettes, they disgust me. I can only smoke menthols which is weird.

I think I'll give vaping a shot.

I got off cigarettes by vaping. It's ok. The worst thing about vaping is carrying the thing around, but the benefits definitely outweigh the costs. It's cheaper and you'll feel a noticeable difference in lung capacity. I was also a menthol smoker. I'd recommend doing a blend with a "menthol" liquid and some fruity frilly one.

My wife tried vaping, patches and hypnosis and ended up going cold turkey. The problem with vaping that I've seen is that you just become obsessed with vaping and the machines and the flavours and end up having more of a habit than before, albeit a more healthy one.

Been like, subclinically depressed over much of my spring semester due to schoolwork load + life load (basically overloaded) but finally busting out of it. Getting a lot of shit done across the board and feeling pretty damn content the last couple weeks. Today sort of encapsulated the shift to a more wholesome feeling.

Anyone know any complete cover albums by metal bands like Garage Inc? I was going to make a thread and dont quite have enough yet.

Anyone know any complete cover albums by metal bands like Garage Inc? I was going to make a thread and dont quite have enough yet.

That's a tough one. "A Change of Seasons" by Dream Theater except for one long song. There are some other EPs but having trouble thinking of complete albums.