The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Supporting the Mexican economy today. See, not racist and helps the poor -->aug

I've been kind of out of it. I came back from Jamaica on Tuesday and though it was beautiful, I was very annoyed with my mother the entire trip. I only went with her because she's too old to travel by herself but dear god I don't think I can do another trip with her. Nothing was planned out at all, I had no place to sleep and the dead yard party was literally in the room I was staying. So, people from the entire town was just in and out of my room dirty dancing, drinking rum, and getting on. And my cousin who passed away, he was living with a woman who now had her family staying there. I told them I was 16 (actually they assumed and I didnt correct them) because if you let them know your age they will beg you out of every dollar you have. Anyways the woman's nephew has a lot of issues because he found his mother dead and in pieces last year by her ex-boyfriend so he runs around screaming, "el chappo!" And he kept trying to talk to me even though he was 24 and he knew he was "older" than me (Now I technically am older but again everyone assumed I was a teenager). I didn't really feel comfortable staying with my dead cousin's girlfriend's family when I have an entire town of my family not too far away. My mother doesn't like to apologize or admit when she's wrong so when we got back to America we argued for hours over this. However, if I bring someone on a trip with me, I'll make sure they are taken cared of.

By the way, a dead yard party is a Jamaican tradition. The dead is buried on their property and a bunch of food and dancing and rum drinking goes on. My mom's from St. Catherine which is the super duper country side. So they are very poor. Not even toilet tissue paper or water they had. It was trying times. God bless America.