Themed Mixtape Game Mk. 2

Giving Pagan Altar a 4 but then giving Wytch Hazel a 10 seems like you’re just making up ratings lol
That's because he is. Right about now he wantrs/"needs" us to think that he doesn't like Pagan Altar. Hmmmmmm ,,,,. i wonder why? :lol:

You should check out the new Chasm TB, I feel like it could be your favorite Chasm album.
Will do. If it's anything like Farseeing then i'll probably dig it.

That's because he is. Right about now he wantrs/"needs" us to think that he doesn't like Pagan Altar. Hmmmmmm ,,,,. i wonder why? :lol:

nvrmnd.gif

Reactions: CiG
Yeah, because we've established that these ratings are completely objective and reasonable and nobody downvotes songs for completely arbitrary reasons or ridiculous personal whims. The hypocrisy in here is thick (particularly TB). Several pages ago we're making excuses for why this is all subjective and people can vote however they want, now we're launching conspiracy theories for why my votes must have been skewed by my personal beliefs and not the musical reasons I listed.

Why don't you just have the guts to say it and prove how ridiculous you are?

That's what I thought. You want to imply something you have no evidence for so you cop out. If it's such an elephant in the room for you (or anyone else) then let's air it out. If people are going to keep insinuating things about me I'd honestly rather address it so go ahead and say it.

Maybe I'm being defensive because I was not received/treated well by some people when I returned to RC after they found out about my beliefs and I don't want that to happen here. In the time I've been here I've given no indication that I would downvote bands that contradict my beliefs or been pushy about my beliefs. I've been here talking about metal that 99% of the time has nothing to do with Christianity and I'd like to continue talking about metal just like everyone else without religion becoming a focus. I typed up a big thing about it but I'm not going to post it unless this is really going to be an issue for people. If it's not I'll just drop it.

Reactions: Baroque
Pungent Stench - Happy Re-Birthday
krow 7.0416666667

Forsaken - Resurgam
vegard 7.8333333333

Gorguts - With Their Flesh, He'll Create
sirjack 7.5

Pagan Altar - Reincarnation
challenge 7.0833333333

Dismember - Reborn in Blasphemy
cig 7.475

Wytch Hazel - Dry Bones
opeth 6.3916666667

Tomb Mold - Infinite Resurrection
zerostatic 6.625

Virgin Steele - I Will Come For you
ncfow 7.9166666667

Dream Death - Back from the Dead
slayed 8.5

Disciples of Power - Ice Demons
baroque 8.25

Terror - Exiting the Grave
radical 8.3583333333

Forbidden - Through the Eyes of Glass
burkhard 8.4583333333

The Chasm - Fiery Rebirth
espada 7.5416666667

Black Veil Brides - Born Again - this was a bonus song i wanted to bless your ears with

Slayed Necros wins!

it has been done before (as has extraterrestrials) but it’s a cool theme so who cares? this was the playlist, so lets try to pick different ones eh?:

Inquisition - Strike Of The Morning Star
Manilla Road – Astronomica
Artificial Brain - Graveyard of Lightless Planets
Haggard – The Observer
Mordeth – Platform S1
Obscura – Universe Momentum
The Sword – Warp Riders
Sacred Blade – The Enlightenment/Master of the Sun
Dissection – Beyond the Horizon
Thy Catafalque – Kod utanam
Acid Storm – Galactic Holocaust
Star One – Perfect Survivor
Coroner – Voyage to Eternity

Forbidden - Through the Eyes of Glass
Not really into thrash so this is a complete blind spot for me, and I gotta say, I'd be more into thrash if more thrash sounded like this. Absolutely sick instrumental intro and nonstop amazing leads for 6 minutes without going into riff salad territory. It's got the kind of sprawling songwriting I adore "Rust in Peace" for and I gotta hear this full album ASAP.
Somehow funny to think that this was the third time in a row I submitted a song by a band you didn't know, but enjoyed very much (and each one more than the previous one). In case you should have checked out other songs from the three albums in concern, I hope you found at least some other songs you also liked, even though perhaps less than the ones I submitted.

Forbidden - Through the Eyes of Glass 9/10 I have this album laying around somewhere. Classic speed/thrash. What keeps me from listening to it more often is the vocals, they sound overly clean and follow the guitar riff rather than adding a counter point to it too much at times. Otherwise excellent stuff, I'd go see them for fun.
The latter is - unfortunately - unlikely to happen, since the band isn't active anymore, but you might still enjoy these two official live-recordings from their early days:

Setlist
1. Victim of Changes (Judas Priest cover)
2. Forbidden Evil
3. Chalice of Blood
4. Through Eyes of Glass

Setlist
1. Feel No Pain (0:35)
2. As Good As Dead (5:18)
3. Through Eyes of Glass (9:24)
4. Chalice of Blood (15:30)

This live performance from 1988 is IMO their best to be found on youtube, especially as regards the energy level. I just wish they had included "Forbidden Evil" and "March Into Fire" instead of the first two, but that's just my opinion.