Void Moon - Realm of Indigo 5/10
Destroyer 666 - Trialed by Fire 6/10
Atheist - Piece of Time 6/10
Trivium - Of All These Yesterdays 3/10
Catacomb - The Key 7/10
Mortification - Ancient Prophecy 10/10
Primordial - Stolen Years 5/10
Danzig - End of Time 9/10

Not one of my fav Danzig songs at all but it's still Danzig. Liked the Mortification track more than one of my fav bands.

You hit the nail on the head so fucking perfect you nearly sent it into another dimension.
Was it just this specific song or would you also like to revise your following rating from 4 years ago?
Atrox - The Beldam of the Bedlam
8/10. I'm hot and sweaty drinking a natty daddy and this blew my mind.

Maybe a dimension where that shit is good music.
Is there a generally acknowledged objective definition of "good music"?

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I can't stand the vocals on that Atrox but the lyrics are super cool and extremely on point for the theme.

I can't stand the vocals on that Atrox but the lyrics are super cool and extremely on point for the theme.
I appreciate your comment. I can fully see why people can't stand the vocals in this song and I would actually be surprised if anyone (apart from CiG and Oblivious Maximus) liked them. May I ask if you simply can't stand the voice itself in general or is it more the way it is used in this specific song? I'm just asking because even though it seems that Krow wholeheartedly hates the vocals in this song, he didn't seem offended by those in the song "Beldam of the Bedlam" (which actually surprised me) - at least judging by his comment/rating I quoted in my previous post.

Reactions: CiG
Havok - Time is Up (5/10)

It's a good riff but this kind of tough guy thrash really doesn't do anything for me.

Griffin - Traveling in Time (7/10)

Like a lot of epic 80s stuff, the average production really undermines things. Good lead work. I'm neutral about the vocals.

Godflesh - New Dark Ages (4/10)

Didn't mind the build up in the early part of the song but it didn't develop much from there and the vocals are horrible. I don't understand what the appeal of this style is.

Atrox - Letters to Earth (4/10)

Vocals sound like Liz Fraser from Cocteau Twins. Don't mind that in isolation but it doesn't gel with the music. Nor do I get the appeal of the lyrics - interesting concept I guess but super literal execution.

Obliveon - Chronocraze (8/10)

Really interesting. I need more of this type of stuff in my life. Sounds weirdly mellow but I guess that's the trade-off having that bubbly bass which I do enjoy.

Void Moon - Realm of Indigo (5/10)

Bland and forgettable.

Destroyer 666 - Trialed by Fire (9/10)

D666 in epic mode conquers all.

Atheist - Piece of Time (8/10)

Classic.

Trivium - Of All These Yesterdays (1/10)

First time I've ever heard Trivium. Was not expecting Nickelback-esque faggery.

Catacomb - The Key (9/10)

This is so much on point for me it's not funny. Atmospheric as fuck and has that neo-classical touch I love in bands like Horrified, early ATG, Eucharist, Miasma etc. Best discovery of this list.

Mortification - Ancient Prophecy (7/10)

Nothing I don't like, but none of those riffs really grabbed me.

Primordial - Stolen Years (8/10)

A frustrating one by Primordial's standards. I generally love their slower epics but this one takes a while to get going, then ends abruptly just as it's getting awesome.

Danzig - End of Time (9/10)

Danzig at the peak of his vocal powers - that chorus absolutely rips.

Havok - Time is Up - 8
no bullshit old school thrashy fun

Griffin - Traveling in Time - 4
some of the riffs were ok but not really my thing

Godflesh - New Dark Ages - 3
the guitar tone and yelling were annoying

Atrox - Letters to Earth - 3
weird tryhard to be avant garde shit

Obliveon - Chronocraze - 8
no complaints here

Void Moon - Realm of Indigo - 4
put me to sleep and not a pleasant one

Destroyer 666 - Trialed by Fire - 8
epic, evil, atmospheric, head-noddable, fuck yea, -1 not much time in there

Atheist - Piece of Time - 8
cool riffs, quite like it

Trivium - Of All These Yesterdays - 10
melodic, emotional, perfectly on theme, cool solo and climax, amazing

Catacomb - The Key - 9
holy fuck it just draws you in and doesnt let go

Mortification - Ancient Prophecy- 7
i did enjoy parts of it

Primordial - Stolen Years - 4
this is probably good to some people other than me

Danzig - End of Time - 5
don't hate it but wouldnt go looking for it

Havoc - For some reason I remembered this one being one their weaker tracks from Time is Up(easily their strongest album) but after hearing it again I might have to reevaluate that opinion.
8/10

Griffin - 'twas good
7/10

Godflesh - 'twas gay
gets an extra point for the few inverted riffs sprinkled in there.
3.5/10

Atrox - All I wanna do is drill their vocalist after hearing that. She sounds fun. But yeah .... bad acid trip through Alice and Wonderland? That being said, not bad.
6/10

Obliveon - classic tech-thrash. :kickass: Best track here so far.
8.5/10

Void Moon - Vocalist for some reason reminded me of Yoda .... and im talking about our infamous white stallion, not the little green one. First half of the song sucked balls .... the second part not so much.
5/10

D666 - The world that we are looking for. The world of which we speak. Well it isn't coming soooooon. Fuck yes! Cheers to whoever posted this classic!
10/10

Atheist - a fucking masterpiece. One of the best from one of best
10/10

Trivium - MY RATING
2/10

Catacomb - not bad, extra point for that killer riff @5:00
7/10

Mortification - a fucking okay song at best that just drags the fuck on forever. Prime material for your average wannabe "underground" metal hipster or in-crowd faggoteer.
3.5/10

Primordial - Been years since I've heard anything from them. Didn't really care for this. To the Nameless Dead is probably the only album I enjoy for them
5/10

Danzig - solid endcap. Goodnight ya'll.
7/10

@arg you went over the top with that Trivium song. It's one of the worst ones on In Waves. I like the atmosphere, but let's be frank - you could have gone with a couple of better Trivium tracks for this mixtape.

Reactions: arg
v53edg2oqckz.gif