Motionless in White - Abigail - 4

Lizzy Borden - Godiva - 7.5

God Dethroned - The Red Baron - 7

Solefald - Christiania - 7

Artillery - Khomaniac - 9.5

El Corrido de Gregorio Cortez - 7

Flotsam and Jetsam - Der Fuhrer - 7.5

Bathory - Woman of Dark Desires - 8

COUNT MY POINTS CUNTS ... Or dont i dont give a shit really. Glad to see Stratovarius getting some love theyre definitely one the best euro power metal bands.. their first 4 are pretty damn solid. I surprisingly liked that Solefart song more than i thought i would. And anyone who doesnt like that Bathory track ... face it, you're probably just a woman .... with very dark desires.

ehhqwvy6ohq71.jpg

xQff8eL

Just to keep everyone in suspense a bit longer, my thoughts on the songs

Dark Moor - Maid of Orleans

Pure Euro power cheese. When it’s as catchy and anthemic as this, I say bring it on. Terrific vocals.

Stratovarius - Visions (Southern Cross)

This takes itself rather more seriously than the Dark Moor, and I enjoy it less as a result. Has a Dream Theater pompousness to it.

Reverend Bizarre - Caesar Forever

A track which epitomises why So Long Suckers is my least favourite Rev Biz album; too plodding and interminable for my liking. I wish the submitter had gone for 'Cromwell' which is an absolute banger.

Running Wild - Calico Jack

Great energy and it starts strong but the latter half becomes a bit unfocused. Even on the better quality vid the vocals sound too echoey.

Motionless in White - Abigail

Monkeypox.

Lizzy Borden - Godiva

A really cool choice of historical character, even though the story of her riding naked is now considered myth. Musically I didn’t see anything to distinguish this from a ton of other early 80s bands though.

God Dethroned - The Red Baron

Surprised so many people like this because this sounds far too deathcore-ish and too focused on the vocals. Dislike.

Solefald - Christiania (Edvard Munch Commemoration)

Submitted this mostly to add some variety to the playlist. It’s admittedly all over the place, but I do love the decadence of it, like it’s the soundtrack to some Roman orgy. The vocal harmonies during the section 2.50-3.50 are killer.

Artillery - Khomaniac

An absolute barnstormer. One of the most underrated thrash bands imo. A song I was thinking of including myself.

Maquahuitl - El Corrido de Gregorio Cortez

Really like the originality of this. Very evocative. Curious to see how this would stack up over the length of an album.

Flotsam and Jetsam - Der Fuhrer

A band I never got around to checking out, but quite enjoyed this. Not earth shattering but just pedal to the metal stuff.

Alcatrazz - Kree Nakoorie

If you got it, flaunt it.

Bathory - Woman of Dark Desires

Not one of my favourite songs of the early Bathory era but still feral, frightening stuff.