serenity painted death
white cluster

Those are the worst songs by opeth.

If I have to...

Into the frost of winter
Eternal Soul Torture
The Grand Conjuration
Requiem

sorry, there is no fifth. all the rest are great.

1) The Funeral Portriat- This song has some awesome riffs in it but the riff that comes in straight after the intro riff is a tad to corny for me i dont get why people love it so much

2)Ending Credits- is kinda cool but it sounds like a song youd get as a backing track from a guitar mag

3) By the pain i see in others - This song has some great moments but overall it holds together badly

4) Eternal soul torture - i do like this song but after hearing Advent which is a much better song containing parts of this track i cant really listen to it any more .

5) Fuck............it looks like i could only find Four songs and really all of them are pretty good :Smokin:

Criticize me all you like people but I actually love SOAD and have done for a long time :) But my music taste goes beyond just metal so meh.

Old SOAD does qualify as metal imo their self titled debut is done crushingly heavy there is nothing nu metal about that cd or if system are nu metal they transend the genre. Systems new stuff may suck but their old stuff is amazing

Self Titled>> Toxicity >>>>>>>Steal this album>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mezmerize>>>>>Hypnotise

well actually KEA is the best metallica album so i guess your tastes actually devolved

ok that was a really dumb thing to say you never know you might agree in 4 years time. its all a matter of opinion i actually agree with him on this one KEA is awesome but Master of puppets has the prog element which i love (and yeah ...And justice has it to a greater extent) master the prog elements work extremely well within the thrash framework (Ok that sounded really protentious but you hopefully get what i mean)

Old SOAD does qualify as metal imo their self titled debut is done crushingly heavy there is nothing nu metal about that cd or if system are nu metal they transend the genre. Systems new stuff may suck but their old stuff is amazing

Self Titled>> Toxicity >>>>>>>Steal this album>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mezmerize>>>>>Hypnotise

im not a big fan of the music, but they do put on one helluva show.

I think it all depends on timing. Somebody mentioned the abruptness of The Amen Corner. However, this was the first song I heard off MAYH besides DotF so I think the intro is awesome. Anyways, the list..

The Grand Conjuration - Taints Ghost Reveries for me as an album. I think Mikael sees this song as the GR epic but it just doesn't capture anything for me. Opeth are simply better than it (just my opinion). The album starts so strong with GoP and TBotH and just seems to gradually go downhill after that.

Epilogue - When compared to a concept closer like White Cluster, it just seems weak. I usually consider Karma the ending of MAYH. Then again if I experienced MAYH before SL I'm sure I'd love it.

Dirge for November/Funeral Portrait - Dirge for November has some beautiful moments but the middle loses me. I guess it does suit the theme however. The only thing I dislike about the Funeral Portrait is the first heavy riff.. seems bland compared to Opeth's usual stuff.

Patterns in the Ivy - Just weak compared with the rest of BWP. I much prefer part II.

Isolation Years - I'm still growing towards this song. I guess I just wished that the ending of GR would close on the whole possession concept.

Notes:
-Initially I could not get into Forest of October but now I consider it one of their best.
-I love Requiem and consider all of Orchid gorgeous.
-Karma is awesome.
-I hope the person who listed Still Life is joking.
-I don't understand why people love Bleak so much. I actually think it sounds weak after The Leper Affinity.
-I used to hate Wreath but I've come to love certain sections.
-I'd adore Masters' Apprentices if it didn't have the heavy bit at the end.

And by 'weak' in this post, I'm talking Opeth weak, which is analogous to legendary.

By The Pain I See In Others .... what's the deal with that song
death whisperd a lullaby .. can't stand it
Atonement

Atonement- It seems like complete filler. It drags and drags and doesn't really go anywhere.

Death Whispered a Lullaby - Just a standard acoustic song from Mikael. When put up against any of the other songs on Damnation, it doesn't stand a chance.

Credence - More filler. My Arms, Your Hearse kicks so much ass until that point, but then Credence is such a let down.

Into the Frost of Winter - Two words: production value.

Moonlapse Vertigo - Had this song been made by another band, it would be great. But it's definitely the weakest part on Still Life by a long shot.

Moonlapse Vertigo is absolutely mesmerising. It is such a portal, and I find myself following the path of the protagonist as the lyrics creep in. In many albums I find the quality drop towards the middle but Moonlapse simply raises Still Life onto an epic platform.

the moor
godhead's lament
benighted
moonlapse vertogo
face of melinda
serenity painted death
white cluster

Those are the worst songs by opeth.

I was trying to get a reaction. I guess this forum has changed snce I posted here. :rolleyes:

^for the better apparently.

Moonlapse Vertigo is absolutely mesmerising. It is such a portal, and I find myself following the path of the protagonist as the lyrics creep in. In many albums I find the quality drop towards the middle but Moonlapse simply raises Still Life onto an epic platform.

aye!