Upcoming Album... Anyone worried?

I'll address this once. You and anyone who visits has a right to think what you want, but in this case your thought that Oink shouldn't be banned exists because you are ignorant to the facts. Mike's a nice guy. The decision to ban Oinkness from this forum was mine and mine alone. This has a lot of history. I just let Brandon back a few months ago after a 6 month suspension from this place and he decided to shit all over his 2nd chance. I'm sickened by his behavior, he's gone, it's going to stay that way permanently, and I feel pretty damn good about my decision.

Well whatever. I was ignorant to the facts, i guess it makes sense.

As long as we're talking about producers...
Well, I'm not really knowledgable about all the different producers in metal, but I really loved Neal Kernon's production of The Politics of Ecstacy by Nevermore, and, while I'm not suggesting that he should produce Opeth's next album, I wonder what his take would be on Opeth's lighter elements.

SW is great. For Porcupine Tree. But I want Opeth to sound like Opeth. As long as they don't use SW or Andy Sneap... it'll all be good. Nothing on either of them, but they don't fit Opeth's music.

Steve's involvement in the cleaner stuff is good. The damnation album came out the way it did likely because of his involvement. I dare say the arrangements would've been a lot more sparse without the production fancyness.

On the other hand the metal stuff the band could produce themselves and just get someone else to engineer the entire thing.

So maybe bring SW in as co-producer to help out on the clean arrangements, and hire some third party guy to serve as engineer for the entire thing, like they did with GR.

id take steven on the mellower parts,and the guy that did GR on the heavyer moments. that would be perfect

Mike says he is aiming for an overload of Material, this is a good thing for an Opeth fan so I am hoping the new one is 70+ minutes of dark journeys through complex musical insanitys... maybe a double album or triple with a dvd would be orgasmic. I must say for all the other albums, the lengths of the albums have been very generous for us fans, most bands cower to cross the 40 minute mark.

Mike says he is aiming for an overload of Material, this is a good thing for an Opeth fan so I am hoping the new one is 70+ minutes of dark journeys through complex musical insanitys... maybe a double album or triple with a dvd would be orgasmic. I must say for all the other albums, the lengths of the albums have been very generous for us fans, most bands cower to cross the 40 minute mark.

Id doubt that. I would suspect that he wants an overload of material so he has alot to work with. Giving him more freedom to pick and choose what is right and what is not. Sometimes a short album is good. For example, I hardly see anyone mention that Damnation is quite short (39 mins) yet when System of a down released Mesmerized it was critisised for being too short and I beleive it was 38 minutes long. Long does not mean great all the time, but Opeth are a great exception to that rule. To make a 10 minute song with out it comming out as repeditive and boring is a great acheivement. Not to mention they do it constantly.

Id doubt that. I would suspect that he wants an overload of material so he has alot to work with. Giving him more freedom to pick and choose what is right and what is not. Sometimes a short album is good. For example, I hardly see anyone mention that Damnation is quite short (39 mins) yet when System of a down released Mesmerized it was critisised for being too short and I beleive it was 38 minutes long. Long does not mean great all the time, but Opeth are a great exception to that rule. To make a 10 minute song with out it comming out as repeditive and boring is a great acheivement. Not to mention they do it constantly.

well, to be blasphemous perhaps, but the song Blackwater Park should have been shorter IMO ... 12 minutes is too long for that one, just when I think it would be good time for the outro, it starts again ... but I'm pretty sure no one will agree on this one :)
otherwise, I totally agree of course with what you said ;)